Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in West Frankfort
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I have traveled the mid- west four nights a week for the past 30 years. I have stayed in all types of hotels and resorts. It has been my pleasure to stay at this hotel since it opened. The ownershipchanged in the past few years, but not the friendly people. These owner today greet you with a smile and ask how you are doing. Its nice to know at the end of a busy day your treated like part of the family. If you are needing to stay in Southern Illinois off of I-57. Pull off Exit 65 and find the AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN. It is clean and very affordable. Happy Traveling !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank randall_riley

Reviewed 18 May 2009

This was a very clean and cheerful hotel room. I forgot and left my phone charger in the room. I called and they said they will mail it to me. That is not always the case. The owners/personel at this hotel were very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2009

After a rather Disappointing (check that) Horrible experience with the BEST INN in Marion IL. I checked in at this hotel. The service was great.. rooms clean, great amenities for the $$$. After the front desk staff heard about my horrifying exp at the prior hotel, they upgraded me to a room with a king bed (did not have to..but did). Quiet and friendly hotel..well worth the dollars!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Austingent
Reviewed 17 November 2008

I attended a ladies conference in Benton and stayed here for two nights. It was listed with several hotels in the area on my conference paperwork so I had an option of choosing a competitor nearer my conference but the price of a single room here was much cheaper. I must admit I had some concerns. I've stayed in "cheaper" hotels before. In this case my budget made my choice.

This is the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. I was able to get a non-smoking room that was simply spotless. The bedding was white and crisp. The room smelled clean. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave should I need them. They were clean and didn't smell of previous uses. The bathroom was also just sparkling. They cleaned the room both days I stayed there. Clean towels replaced the used ones.

The staff were courteous but practically invisible unless needed.

The lobby areas were also just so clean and neat. Although I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast, I saw that many did. But afterward, you would never know because was still kept clean and neat.

I was very near the front lobby but there was no loud and rowdy guest up and down the halls. And you couldn't hear a thing from other rooms.

I really enjoyed my stay there and would heartily recommend it to anyone. I'd stay there again in a minute!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 November 2007

We stayed here on the 5th of May, 2007. I was very pleased with the amenities offered as a Best Value Inn. There were plenty of amenities and ample space for the price of the room. The room was very clean, and motel has been completely renovated. I really like the room and the price was very reasonable. I would always stay here.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 24 November 2005

We stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn in West Frankfort, IL on Nov. 19, 2005. The non-smoking room with a king size bed was very clean but there were not enough electrical outlets available to supply the room. The microwave and the little refrigerator was not pluged in and you had to disconnect a lamp to plug in these two appliances. The light cover was missing in the bathroom and the lighting was not very bright. The cost was $49.98 for one Saturday night. The hotel is very close to restaurants and shopping just off Interstate 57. Upon checkin we were greated by what seemed was a person still in high school. Not very friendly but did give us a demonstration on how the shower worked. Even though we were in a non-smoking room, we could smell the smoke for the smoking room next door. The Sunday morning of our departure a continental breakfast was advertised lasting until 9:30 AM. At 8:30 AM we went to see about breakfast and there was nothing left. No coffee, juice or breakfast items. I inquired with the front desk about this and nothing was done. The front desk person made no effort to resupply or even make coffee.
The question is would we stay there again? Due to the room being very clean we would stay again.They do need to improve on the breakfast and take more interest in the customer.

9  Thank Don D
#12 of 15 in Marion
No photo provided
Gray Plaza West Frankfort
#1 of 2 in West Frankfort

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!