“No Receipt”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westmont
Milwaukee, United States
“No Receipt”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My only concern is that you should be given a receipt when you check out of the hotel letting you know that exact amount charged to your credit card. You reserved the hotel and pay for the hotel on line, so when you check out you should be given a receipt.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for giving us a review on TripAdvisor!

We appreciate our guests' opinions and suggestions as we work to improve for even greater experience and comfort for all.

We apologize for not giving you a receipt upon check out, usually we are unable to offer receipt if reservation was booked through third party travel websites due to policy of rate enclose private also they provide us a virtual card payment instead of guests' credit card. However, after we review your reservation and we apologize for the confusion because we did charged you directly. We will be sure to let our new front desk lady know and provide her more training on this. Please accept our sincere apologies and we will be sure to email it to you.

We thank you again for taking your time in giving us a review, your opinions are helping us improving even better experience for guests in future stays. Please give us a call when you're next in town and we would love to have you again!

Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn
Stay with people who care~♥

Front Desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels, but have never encountered such terrible customer service. I've never refused to stay in a hotel before, but this one I refused to stay in. I've never stayed in a Best Western before, and my husband and I decided to stay here during a weekend trip to Chicago, BAD CHOICE. The lobby was filthy and had muddy foot prints all over and wet floor signs, why they put the signs up instead of cleaning it I don't know. They couldn't find our reservation at first either. My first impression of Best Western wasn't the best but we went with it. Upstairs, we walked into our room and it was ridiculously hot in there. The air was on, but wasn't working and would blow cold air for a few seconds, then warm. We thought maybe it was the settings, we double checked it, moved the setting around, switched it to just fan, trying to do anything to cool the room down. It had to be at least 85 in the room. We opened the window, and continued trying to get the air conditioner working for another 15-20 minutes, but nothing worked. We then tried to call down to the front desk to see if the maintenance person was available, but the phone didn't work. My husband went downstairs to talk to her, and she was extremely rude to him. Apparently no one could look at it to try to fix it, and the hotel was sold out, so there was nothing she could do. My husband told her it was too hot to stay in and she said she was sure it would get cold. She said the only thing she could do was give us a refund. After he came back, we waited a few more minutes to see if the air or fan would work at all like she said, but nothing happened. He went back and told her we couldn't stay and wanted a refund. She then said she couldn't give us a refund because we booked through Expedia, but if we wanted to we could just sit in the lobby. I don't know what she even meant by that, because they couldn't provide us a nonsmoking room with air conditioning we could just sleep in the lobby? While we were packing our things back up she told us there are a different room down the hall we could have (apparently it wasn't sold out?), so we agreed to that. When she came to our room to tell us about the other room, she agreed it was extremely hot in our current room. However, upon opening the door it was obvious it was (or used to be) a smoking room. It smelled terrible. As I said, I've never left a hotel in my life, but I refused to stay there. The rooms were bad enough, but the customer service was outright ridiculous. I've never been treated so badly anywhere in my whole life. She was literally laughing at us as we left, I couldn't believe it. I called Expedia to ask for a refund later that night from a different hotel, they said since it was nonrefundable, after explaining what happened, they said they'd call the hotel and ask them to grant a refund. They called them with me still on the line. The front desk lady REFUSED to grant a refund. I couldn't believe it. Like I said, I've never stayed in a Best Western before, so I don't know if this is how the company usually runs, but it was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. Expedia's customer service said they'd call and get in touch with a manager to see if I can get my refund. I'll update when I hear back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
1 Thank Trisha P
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We value our guests opinions and suggestions to improve even greater experience for future guests.

We greatly apologize for your unsatisfaction during your stay.

Please note the room you had booked was a standard king garden level room and we upgraded you complimentary to a deluxe room.
To ensure your satisfactory stay, we upgrade it to jaccuzi room as we tried our best to move your room around with the hotel sold out but few reservations left to check in. The upgrades were complimentary, and we are very sorry we were unable to refund you due to expedia - third party reservation. All third party websites provide virtual card payments to the hotel, hence we only able to charge to their virtual card and we did not charge to your credit card at all.

For future reference, we usually advise guests to book through hotel directly for more flexibility in date changes or cancellation and better rooms with better deals.

We want to ensure our guests enjoyable stay, please give us a call next time when you're in town or if you need further assistance and let us know how we can make you happy!

Stay with People who cares~

Front desk
Harrison Township, Michigan
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Even though we only stayed on night, my husband and I were made to feel very welcome. The staff is very professional and friendly. The room was clean, very comfortable bed. The breakfast bar was nice; omelets could be made to your specification. I would recommend the hotel if staying in or around the Chicago area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for giving us a review on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate your feedback upon your stay and we are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay with us as we try our best to ensure our guests happiness. Please do give us a call next time when you're in the area to make reservation, we would love to have you again!

Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast far surpasses that of similar hotels. The property and rooms were extremely clean and very comfortable. For our purposes, the location was great. Close to downtown Chicago but at a third of the price compared to staying in the downtown area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for giving us a review on TripAdvisor! We are very pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us as we try our best to ensure our guests happiness, and the relaxation feel of home away from home! Please do give us a call next time when you're in the area, we would love to see you again!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My hotel room includes two queen beds, a desk and ergonomic desk chair, a fridge and microwave, large, flat-screen tv and DVD player, an alarm clock, iron and ironing board, and two telephones. The beds are comfortable, with clean linens and four plush pillows per bed. There are plenty of lamps, space for hanging clothes, and a large full-length mirror. The bathroom is moderately sized and stocked with plenty of clean, absorbent towels. Soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion are provided in large, wall-mounted dispensers.

The heating and AC unit runs quietly. There is some noise from the fridge and from the road. I can hear a television from another room. My room has an adjoining door, something I’m not particularly fond of. Coffee and tea are available 24 hours a day in the breakfast room, and delicious cookies are provided in the evening.

The hotel has free Wi-Fi, and it works well. The only issue is that the password you are given for your stay will only work for two devices. If you have more devices in your family that need internet access, ask for additional passwords at the front desk. The passwords are simple enough that it’s easy to guess another room’s password, which someone had apparently done for my room, since I was only able to connect one device.

The staff members were polite, knowledgeable, and efficient.

Breakfast includes bread for toast, bagels, cereal, waffles, sausage, yogurt, milk, coffee, and tea. There is also an omelet station where omelets are cooked to order.

All in all, this hotel exceeded my expectations for a Best Western. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for giving us a review on TripAdvisor! We are very glad you have enjoyed your stay with us as we try our best to ensure our guests happiness, and the relaxation feel of home away from home! Please do give us a call next time when you're in the area, we would love to see you again!

Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 May 2014

the extras are not great but the basic room and bed are great would have liked better breakfast, snack and internet experience I guess the price was okay for the "affluent" area The front desk staff were friendly and checkin and checkout were fast

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking your time giving us a review. Our sincere apologies for not exceed your expectation during your stay, as it is our goal to ensure you and all of our guests have enjoyable stay with us of all time. Once again we would like to thank you for letting us known of suggestions and we are implementing them as we speak. Please do consider giving us another chance next time when you're in town and it is our sincere wish to make you happy.

Stay with People who cares~

Front desk
Blanco, TX, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was our 2nd time to stay here. We were here in 2011 for 5 days and we came back. We will stay here anytime we come to Chicago. It is easy to drive into the city from this hotel. They now have fresh made omelets for breakfast and warm cookies in the evening. The beds are so comfortable, I would sleep in if I could.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

OAKBROOKINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you very much for such a nice review here on Trip Advisor! I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a nice review. Anytime you are in the Chicago area, we will be waiting for you! So, don't ever hesitate to give us a call. We would love to have you back! Thank you again!

Kelly Poulos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westmont
Chicago Club Inn Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn? Share your experiences!