“The food always tastes good.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago
“The food always tastes good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I have been to Sushi House in Wheaton many times over the past 10 years. The food is always good. I have tried many types of sushi but not all. Tempura roll, some kind of spicy roll, and California roll have always been very good. Edamame, gyoza, chicken katsu were good. My kids like it here a lot. The waitress's could be a bit more personable. I often feel like something is "off" with how they relate to me. Not sure what that is all about but it doesn't happen elsewhere nor in Japan when I have been there. Japanese food is expensive. So compared to other similar restaurants this is an acceptable value for the money. I will return soon.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Not sure why this restaurant is ranked...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

Not sure why this restaurant is ranked last on the list. My husband and I have gone here many times over the years and have always enjoyed the experience. We used to live in Japan, and we really enjoyed the food here. Nothing cutting edge, but all the Japanese basics rendered in an exemplary manner. Means include bento boxes, udon, soba noodles, and od corse, sushi. I adore their miso salad dressing.