“Just great food!”

Sushi House
Ranked #30 of 144 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Food is always excellent. Sushi is outstanding and always fresh. Cooked food is good as well. Garlic edamame is so good and different that it is worth getting. Nigiri sushi is freshest in the western suburbs. Maki sushi provides a good variety and many different flavors. Even if you don't care for sushi, the cooked dishes provide a great variety and alternative including the beef negamaki, chicken teriyaki, and shrimp tempura. You should also try the lamb chop appetizer! It may not be traditional Japanese but certainly fits the modern Japanese style the new menu is trying for. Definitely one of the best!

Reviewed 7 August 2011

I have been to Sushi House in Wheaton many times over the past 10 years. The food is always good. I have tried many types of sushi but not all. Tempura roll, some kind of spicy roll, and California roll have always been very good. Edamame, gyoza, chicken katsu were good. My kids like it here a lot. The waitress's could be a bit more personable. I often feel like something is "off" with how they relate to me. Not sure what that is all about but it doesn't happen elsewhere nor in Japan when I have been there. Japanese food is expensive. So compared to other similar restaurants this is an acceptable value for the money. I will return soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2010

Not sure why this restaurant is ranked last on the list. My husband and I have gone here many times over the years and have always enjoyed the experience. We used to live in Japan, and we really enjoyed the food here. Nothing cutting edge, but all the Japanese basics rendered in an exemplary manner. Means include bento boxes, udon, soba noodles, and od corse, sushi. I adore their miso salad dressing.