“Best Sushi in the Western Suburbs”
Review of Sushi House

Sushi House
Ranked #30 of 144 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Sushi house is a must! You walk in the door and you can't smell one hint of fish! If you smell fish when walking into a Sushi place, turn right around and walk out. The staff at the Sushi House is outstanding! They will custom make rolls if you have any food allergies. Everything is always fresh! The Sushi chefs love to interact with the Sushi bar customers! We drive 20 minutes out of our way to eat at the Sushi House. The Wheaton location is by far the best of the locations for the Sushi House. I have NEVER had a bad meal and have had many group dinners where everyone was so pleased at the quality of Sushi and the quality of service provided by the servers.

Sushi House is a MUST!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have to say I was dragged here the 1st time 5 years ago. I am not a big sushi eater. But I had to write a review, this place is amazing! I am addicted to their sushi now. My husband loves sushi and we have gone other places, but this place is the only one I jump when he says "Sushi night!" Service is top notch! Cooks are awesome and the ambiance is truly a treat for a night out! Stongly suggest making reservations on weekends, this place a a hit for anyone who has been there before!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I travel a lot and get a chance to each a lot of Sushi. This place is the real deal. The sushi is great and the atmosphere is inviting. It is small, with only maybe 10 tables plus they have two dining areas for groups where you sort of sit on the floor, although there is a pit if you want to just put your feet in and sit like being on a chair. Try the Wheaton Roll. It is my favorite.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Food is always excellent. Sushi is outstanding and always fresh. Cooked food is good as well. Garlic edamame is so good and different that it is worth getting. Nigiri sushi is freshest in the western suburbs. Maki sushi provides a good variety and many different flavors. Even if you don't care for sushi, the cooked dishes provide a great variety and alternative including the beef negamaki, chicken teriyaki, and shrimp tempura. You should also try the lamb chop appetizer! It may not be traditional Japanese but certainly fits the modern Japanese style the new menu is trying for. Definitely one of the best!

Reviewed 7 August 2011

I have been to Sushi House in Wheaton many times over the past 10 years. The food is always good. I have tried many types of sushi but not all. Tempura roll, some kind of spicy roll, and California roll have always been very good. Edamame, gyoza, chicken katsu were good. My kids like it here a lot. The waitress's could be a bit more personable. I often feel like something is "off" with how they relate to me. Not sure what that is all about but it doesn't happen elsewhere nor in Japan when I have been there. Japanese food is expensive. So compared to other similar restaurants this is an acceptable value for the money. I will return soon.