“Menu improvements are good”
Review of Studio Movie Grill

Studio Movie Grill
Ranked #2 of 4 Fun & Games in Wheaton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We recently visited SMG on two occasions in March, and were pleasantly suprised to see there had been improvements to the menu and the quality of food since our last visit here more than 6 months ago. Food was served hot and fresh (unlike our prior experiences) and the menu has some great specials each night of the week. Don't shy away from the wines - we were pleasantly surprised by the value and quality of the wine selection. Seating is quite roomy and the venue is kept clean.

All reviews
in 27 reviews
"groupon"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Since SMG arrived in Wheaton, my husband and I haven't seen a movie anywhere else. We love that we can reserve our favorite seats ahead of time which means we never have to arrive two hours before a popular show just to be sure we aren't seated in the first row. We love the food also - so much so that we make it a point to see movies right around meal time though I am disappointed that they shrunk their hummus platter :( When our kids are in town, it's a favorite outing for everyone. Considering that this is a movie house that serves food, I have a little difficulty sympathizing with the reviewers who are complaining about the waiters passing back and forth - it sort of comes with the territory. I have to say the servers at SMG do a great job of passing through almost unnoticed. I have never felt like my movie experience has suffered because a waiter stooped by just below my eye level at a critical moment. I also think SMG has done an amazing job training their staff. They are efficient and always friendly. SMG is a very enjoyable experience that we've repeated many times.

1  Thank Jewelsworld
Reviewed 15 April 2014

SMG has first run movies with a bar in the lobby and food service in the theater. You can pre-select your seats on-line and decide where to sit. The food is pretty good for what you would expect in a multi-use facility. Unfortunately, sometimes the service can be spotty. They use a team approach which works great sometimes and not so great other times.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is my families favorite place to see a movie by far. The price is reasonable compared to other theaters but you also get a super state of the art screen/sound and experience. You also get real seats and for the most part no heads in front of you to block the screen. You also get to reserve seats! this is great for the new movies that come out. Oh and did I mention that you can get food ordered and delivered to your seat? Adults can get their kind of beverages and kids can get milk shakes. The popcorn is amazing with real butter. You know the place is good when a friend from a couple of towns away was telling me about this great place to see movies and was excited to go back and of course it turned out to be SMG.

1  Thank JAhlbeg