“Not Worth the Expense”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Not Worth the Expense”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Before going to L'Anne's, I had never heard of French- Asian fusion; but after having lunch there, I am definitely a fan. The menu was truly unique and the food was obviously of good quality (as far as I can tell, for example, all of their greens are organic and everything-from the mayo to the salad dressings- is homemade). And everything that we had tasted great and was presented beautifully. The crispy duck salad, especially, was a highlight. The atmosphere fitted the overall "feel" of the restaurant... simple, modern, and fairly elegant. However, and I should stress this: IT WAS EXPENSIVE! Too expensive, I think, for the quality of the food and experience. Also, the service was simply bad. We were the only couple in the restaurant for most of the time, and the waitress still managed to largely ignore us. At one point, another women came in the door and waited for at least 10 minutes before that same waitress bothered to come out from the back and seat her. It took such a long time that we were uncomfortable for her. So summary: good food, but not worth the prices. Our money would have been better spent elsewhere.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Maa-dee91

Chicago, Illinois
“Amazes the Taste Buds”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This restaurant continues to be excellent. It has been a year since my last visit and L'Anne continues to amaze the taste buds. The flavors are wonderful and the presentation is beautiful. Three of us ordered different things. The softshell crab was so perfectly done as an appetizer. All of our choices continued to be wonderful and we shared all around. The only dish that could use a bit of heat or spice is the Pad Thai. The rest were excellent. All three of us highly recommend L'Anne.

• Visited February 2012
8 Thank Foodie-hiker1
chicago
“Fresh and beautifully presented French/Asian cuisine”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

L'Anne never dissapoints us. Last night we enjoyed incredibly fresh soft shell crab tempura to start and a delightful calamari salad. Either Pad Thai selection, seafood or vegan is delicately spiced. The seafood is always high quality which the chef prepares skillfully based on seasonal offerings. Another evening a few weeks ago we enjoyed the tender pork. The wine list is an interesting selection and a great value. The wine by the glass selection a real treat.

• Visited May 2011
10 Thank martinlucy
Chicago, IL
“Spread the word! An amazing restaurant...”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

My husband and I recently had an early dinner at L'Anne and were so pleased with the experience that I sent an email to my friends and family to encourage them to try this secret gem. Every dish had an incredible infusion of flavors and was beautifully presented. Service was attentive and ideally paced. I thought the prices were very reasonable, especially compared to what we spend for a comparable meal in Chicago. This is fine city dining in the heart of Wheaton! I can't wait to go back!

7 Thank PlanningOurNextTrip
Midwest
“Good Food, but...”
Reviewed 18 April 2010

We went there on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. While we (three of us) were there there were only two other occupied tables (one was a table for three and the other was for two).
There was only one waiter. It took over 20 minutes for him to deliver our drinks. The Ice Coffee was good, but it came in a very tall glass with tons of ice and straws that were about three inches shorter than the glass...go figure! For $8/glass, you'd think they'll let you drink it all LOL. Also, at one point I asked for water and again, it took almost 15 minutes for the waiter to bring out a glass of water.
We ordered L'anne Phở, Phở áp chảo and sandwich & soup combo.
The food was good and refreshing. I will come again, but next time I won't order the Ice Coffee and be more prepare for a long wait.