“Good Food, but...”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Midwest
“Good Food, but...”
Reviewed 18 April 2010

We went there on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. While we (three of us) were there there were only two other occupied tables (one was a table for three and the other was for two).
There was only one waiter. It took over 20 minutes for him to deliver our drinks. The Ice Coffee was good, but it came in a very tall glass with tons of ice and straws that were about three inches shorter than the glass...go figure! For $8/glass, you'd think they'll let you drink it all LOL. Also, at one point I asked for water and again, it took almost 15 minutes for the waiter to bring out a glass of water.
We ordered L'anne Phở, Phở áp chảo and sandwich & soup combo.
The food was good and refreshing. I will come again, but next time I won't order the Ice Coffee and be more prepare for a long wait.

Naperville, Illinois
“Good Food, Good Service, Expensive”
Reviewed 15 February 2010

We celebrated Valentine's Day here and wanted to try a new restaurant. Based on the reviews, we anticipated it to be expensive. Our table was by the window which faces to parking lot. My wife enjoyed the spring roll appetizer, both pleasing to eye and tasty. I had the chicken liver pate which was also flavorful and very creamy. We both had the crab asparagus soup. It was also tasty, but mine was only lukewarm and had to sent back. Strangely, my wife's soup arrived hot. She had the white tiger shrimp entree which had nice presentation, but was only served with white steamed rice. I enjoyed the halibut steak, recommended by our waitress. It arrived with a nice sauce, but nothing else. Overall, the food was good, the service was good but the prices were in my opinion, were too high. We did meet the owner who is Vietnamese and friendly. She told us her chef is Japanese who creates the French Asian dishes on the menu. We may return for a special occasion, but the prices are too high for a regular night out.

4 Thank kmjlhs
wheaton IL
“Charming and romantic”
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Went there with a date (his choice), got a nice table for 2 by the window, what a beautiful restaurant, the menu offers a lot of choices. Food was great and the recorded music was wonderful, this restaurant got 5 stars and so was my date. Can't wait to come back and try other items.

5 Thank jolene2001
Chicago
“won't return”
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Before New Year's Eve I called to inquire about the menu for that night. I was told the menu would be ala carte and the entree price range was $30-40. I made reservations. When we arrived we were given a menu with fixed prices for 3($70),4($85) or 5($100) courses. There were also ala carte prices for each item. (Entrees were $40-50-another lie). When the manager/owner came to take our order, we were told we could NOT order the ala carte items but had to choose one of the fixed price courses. When we received our bill,we were charged$85 for the 3 course and $100 for the 4 course meal. The manager/owner denied that there was a less expensive menu. When we insisted that we had a different menu, she said she would go check all of the menus and never returned to our table. Fifteen minutes later the server came to collect our bill and we told him the problem. Right away we could tell he knew about the less expensive menu and did change our bill to reflect the price on the menu we were given. Obviously there was a different menu fior earlier seatings (Our seating was 6:00 PM). The manager.owner should have admitted the mistake and corrected our bill instead of lying. Very unprofessional. We will never do business with this restaurant again and plan to tell all of our friends how we were treated.

4 Thank JanaChicago
chicago
“Now our favorite”
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Most important great food with fresh layered tastes. Lann's gets asian french fusion right. And like a simple black dress that you can wear to the office and dress it up at night this restaurant works for lunch with business partners or dinner with your friends or sweetie. I went there 3 times in the last week. Incredible variety on the menu and homemade rice noodles will keep us coming back.

3 Thank turbochicago