“Poor service, pizza ok”

Cuisines: Pizza
Chi Town
“Poor service, pizza ok”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Wish I could give 3 stars or higher but based on overall experience, I just can't. Had not been there for awhile and decided to try again the other night. Service was poor as it has been in the past, so not really a surprise. I think they hire any high school kid they can get their hands on. We got our drinks right away, never received napkins or cutlery (I had to go get myself from the busboy station), and the appetizer came out with the pizza (after waiting appx 25 mins). Needless to say we sent the appetizer back as it was kind of silly at that point...no offer was made to keep the appetizer and take it off the bill, so it probably went in the trash.
The kid who was our waiter said that the kitchen was really backed up, but really it only takes like 5 mins to heat up and serve breadsticks. And having to forage for our own cutlery and napkins is a bit much!
Pizza was fine, better than usual...so the pizza chef was doing his/her job. I would give the pizza 3 stars and the service 1 star, so there you have it: 2 stars.

• Visited November 2013

Wheaton, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get it to go.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

staff has absolutely no training experience. No one has a clue what to do or what their purpose is. If you have to wait at the bar for your table no one will ask if you want to drink, Once you are seated if you want salt-and-pepper you need to ask If you're lucky you'll may get it towards the end of your dinner, water is optional upon request. our drinks showed up after appetizers. I felt I was eating at "Chucky cheese's". Absolutely no organization no policy and procedure. All good establishments traine their staff to understand flow of traffic But here you get what you get when it's ready when it comes. Many tables were complaining About one thing or another. When I call to confirm a reservation for our party they actually had to get a supervisor to figure out how to check the reservation. The icing on the cake was when the waitress attempted to explain to me how to tipping works and how it is customary to tip more than the amount already added t to my bill.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank shoregeneral
“Horrible Management! Go to Lou Malnati's instead better food and definitely better service.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

It was our first time at this location and we found out quick that the food was not so great, a server not paying attention and a manager that didn't care how un happy we were. We told them something was wrong with our bill and 10 minutes later the manager brings it back and tells us he added $3 telling us this time it was correct. Is this a joke to him or what? No thanks we will not be going back and make sure anyone we know doesn't either. Next time we are going to Lou Malnati's that have great food and service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mayafaby
Wheaton, Illinois
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Having been for years to Gino's East in Chicago, we were thrilled when this Wheaton location came to town. We've been there about once a year since and I don't know why we ever go back. Food is not nearly as good as in the city (crust dry on several occasions). Wait staff has been slow and unimpressive. Now that Brick's is in town, there is a great pizza alternative.

Visited June 2012
Toronto
“Just ok...”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Okay, so I'm just a tourist and by no means an expert in deep dish pizza. But I was really expecting a much better pizza, based on their reputation. This restaurant gets points for a convenient location near the Wheaton train station, and it gets much appreciation for very friendly service (the manager and the waitress were very welcoming and friendly).
However, the pizza itself was just average tasting. I ordered a supreme deep dish pizza with pepperoni and there was nothing worth noting. The sauce and the cheese were just average, whereas the Pizano deep dish pizza I had had previously had exceptionally fresh sauce and cheese. The crust on the Gino's East pizza was just average, whereas the crust on the Lou Malnati pizza was heaven. Heck, even the Giordano's pizza was better than the one at this Gino's East location. Unfortunately, I see no reason to return on my next visit to Chicagoland.

• Visited March 2013