“Great place for comfort food”
Review of Adelle's

Adelle's
Reserve with OpenTable
Adelle's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 138 Restaurants in Wheaton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Street
Transit: Union Pacific West Line-Downtown Wheaton Stop.
Description: A stylish, comfortable atmosphere featuring the large wine bar, art deco mosaic chandeliers, warm copper accents, soothing decor colors & two cozy fireplaces welcome you to Adelle's. Located in the heart of the western suburbs, Adelle's is not only the perfect neighborhood spot, but also a central gathering place for friends to meet or for before concerts & shows. The menu & numerous daily specials, featuring American bistro fare, reflect our commitment to new interpretations of fresh, delicious cuisine reminiscent of memorable dishes that have a tradition on the American table.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our favorite get-comfortable place. Best bartender in the world. She will tell you what is good each night and even steer you away from entrees that may not meet her high standard. Not fancy food but well prepared. Meatloaf is a signature dish with chipotle ketchup. Fish tacos are worth a return visit. Wine choices are excellent. All in all, a great place. Not cheap but worth it.

Debbie W, Owner at Adelle's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Your recommendation is invaluable to us, Duane, and I am so appreciative that you've taken the time to share this excellent review. I'll be certain to pass along your kind words to our entire team, and I'm certain I speak for everyone when I say that we always value the time you and your wife spend with us. Your comfort and happiness will continue to be our top priority!

Best,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Wait staff is knowledgeable and professional, food well prepared and presented. One of those restaurants where the price can be high but the quality of the food is a match. From the original location to this more typical restaurant setting, excellent experiences each time.

Debbie W, Owner at Adelle's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Excellent time after time--that's such a fantastic compliment and always our goal, Jim! Thank you for recognizing that we do only use the highest quality ingredients for each and every handcrafted dish at Adelle's. We look forward to your next visit and please let me know if there's anything else we can do to make it even better. We always value guest feedback!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

As our friends have told us … Be prepared for good service exceptional drinks but a bit short on quantity!... My wife and I ordered the scallops which we quite tasty… But when I did the division between price and number of scallops it equated to $9.00 per scallop… That’s right 3 scallops a bit over since they were by no means the largest if have eaten… Call me a bit picky but I just like getting what I pay for as do most folks?
The wedge salad was ok but again quite small. The drinks were exceptional as was the service. The bar is also quite inviting with a more mature crowd since most youngsters couldn’t afford to eat here…LOL.
With a patio area set to open soon I’d go back for drinks and maybe a smaller portion meal and just hag watching the cars and trains pass.

2  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We dine at Adelle's at least once per month as a couple, with our family or with friends. We never hesitate to recommend Adelle's for the food - high quality we can always count on - the service - friendly and knowledgeable - and the ambiance which is "just right." Great food, great wine, great device, great experience, always.

Debbie W, Owner at Adelle's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hi Richard,

It's truly been a pleasure serving you and your wife every month. From our high quality ingredients to our personable service, we strive for every guest to enjoy a wonderful dining experience. Thank you so much for recommending us to family and friends. Can't wait until your next visit!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We decided to try Adelle's for a special occasion, what a disappointment! The food is just mediocre and overpriced at that. The atmosphere is rather cold and not very inviting. The service is just ok, for a fine dinning restaurant I expect more, especially from the owner who happens to be pretty damn rude. A little thank you goes along way, that's all I have to say.

Debbie W, Owner at Adelle's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

I'm truly disheartened to hear you had such a negative experience. I'd like to sincerely apologize that you were offended in any way and did not receive our customary experience. The last thing we want is for any guest to feel unappreciated. We strive to thank every guest, and I apologize that we must have been otherwise engaged as you were leaving. Did you dine on Valentine's Day or that hectic weekend that is much more challenging for restaurants? As for our food, do you mind letting me know what you ordered? Our Chef thoughtfully prepares each dish with only the freshest and finest ingredients available. Your constructive feedback will help us better serve our guests, so I hope to hear back from you soon. Everyone makes a mistake, but the true test of character is how one tries to recover. When we do, we honestly want to go above and beyond most establishments' reactions. Again, I hope to personally speak with you and I am available at 630-784-8015.

Best,