“An Absolute Favorite With Memorable Service”
Review of Mai Thai Cafe

Mai Thai Cafe
Ranked #16 of 138 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you are looking for casual, quick, and somewhat exotic, this is perhaps the very best restaurant in Wheaton and the surrounding area. The food is just fantastic. Vegetables are very fresh and firm, the meat is tender and well-cooked, the rice is aromatic and sweet. My fiancée and I have very different tastes in food, but we both love it. Love it. It tends toward sweet, but does so very well.

Everyone enjoys the Pad Thai and the Chicken Fried Rice. But my all-time favorite is the Panang Curry with Chicken. Sweet, coconutty, spicy. It hits every flavor button I have, and I have them in abundance.

But the service is my favorite part of this place. The staff always remembers my name, which makes me feel really at home here, and the food is ready very, very fast.

I love Mai Thai. Just go.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

The green chicken curry is excellent. Served piping hot, full of flavor with fresh veggies. I ordered the mild and it had a good spicy kick. Generous portions. Carry out is fast.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Ate here with a group of ten. Service was excellent and food phenomenal. You can get it as spicy or as mild as you like. Not fancy. Be sure to call ahead if you have a big group.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is my favorite place to eat in Wheaton. The food is great, the portions are good and the price is not as high as the other Thai places around. Only thing to remember is to make sure to know the spiciness is more intense than sometimes is usual.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I've visited Mai Thai more times than I can count throughout the time I lived in Wheaton.

The food was always delicious, the service excellent, and the portions just right. It's a small family owned restaurant with a few tables and take out available. You definitely don't go there for the decor (it is a very small and basic dining area), but for the food, and oh the food is good!

I never had anything from the menu that I didn't like. Some favorites included the floating market soup (if you like seafood), shrimp soup, Thai fried rice, garlic madness, and the classic pad thai. Everything is cooked to order and super fresh. The spices are just right and you can specify if you want mild, medium, or spicy. Be warned, the spicy is SPICY. I always ask for the spicy, but if it's your first time at Mai Thai, I would try medium and if it's your first time having Thai food, go for mild.

I love this restaurant and highly recommend it to anyone. Expect to pay around $10 for a meal, a couple of dollars for drinks.