“Great Chicago style dog.”
Review of Superdawg Drive-In

Superdawg Drive-In
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 October 2013

If you've got the taste for a authentic Chicago Hot Dog. This is it. Super Dawg uses their own custom made hot dogs. Much larger then the regular size dogs you see nowadays. And very good. Well flavored. Most Chicago hot dogs are made with Vienna hot dogs which are Great hot dogs. Super Dawgs are just as good maybe not with the natural skin casing , but excellent. With your order you generally get they're fries which are good and a pickled slice of tomato pickle. Super Dawg is Great It's my treat when i feel the urge to eat something other then fish and chicken. The family that runs the business keeps it clean and friendly. .

1  Thank sbord1

Reviewed 9 October 2013

They say it's not a hot dog, but a SuperDawg! And I guess that's right. My only complaint is that there is not a SuperDawg back in the Phoenix area where we live. This was the best hot dog or dawg I have ever had, and I was raised in the Chicago area. Don't know how I missed it before. Won't miss it again. The 50's style drive in was cute and somehow made the dawg taste even better. The fries were just ok, but I can have good fries anywhere, I can't say the same about a dawg!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

First of all, Superdawg is a Chicago institution, dating all the way back to 1948. The Berman family created the business, and it is a GREAT success story. Sincere CONGRATS to them! That said . . .

I haven't been to Superdawg in years. Many years. And that was a one-time experience at the original location. Back then, I had a Superdawg. It was good. But - despite all the hype - it was a hot dog. Fast forward to yesterday:

My wife and I stopped by the Wheeling location - decided to give the place a try. (She had never had a Superdawg.) We got carry-out: A couple Superdawgs and a Superburger with Cheese. Also got an order of Superonionchips. Here's our take:

Superdawgs: a good hot dog; quality meat; fresh trimmings and good poppy seed bun. But: we can make an hot dog just as good - and probably better - at home.

The fries: good. The Superonionchips: very good.

Superburger: Quality meat, good taste. But: was it really "Super?" Not really. Compared to a Smashburger, Red Robin, or even one of the premium Wendy's or McDonald's burgers - the Superburger would not, in our opinion, take the prize.

All things considered, it was nice to give Superdawg another try, after all these years. But, I guess it's just not for us. However, to each his/her own, and you just can't argue with YEARS of SUCCESS.

So, if you're traveling in the area, and see those giant hot dog character icons on top of the Superdawg building in Wheeling just off Milwaukee Rd . . . stop in, give it a try! You'll get a warm "HIYA!" welcome, and a memorable experience, one way or the other. But for us, it has to be . . .

"BYE-YA, Superdawg!"

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My dad grew up in Chicago and he would always talk about Super Dawg and their amazing tamales and Chicago style hot dogs. I always wanted to check one out but didn't expect that much. WOW! This is a true American gem. A real 50's style drive-in that looked as good as it tasted. Do yourself a favor and check this place out when you are in town.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Superdawg is still the same is it was many years ago! It's nice they now have a Wheeling location. Great hot dogs, fries and shakes! The service was good. It was very crowded when we went there.