“Great steak is hard to find.”

Pete Miller's Seafood & Prime Steak
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake -Cook
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I just wanted a great steak, a prime steak medium rare. Pete's always satisfies. They cooked it perfectly. The beef was delicious. The sides were great too. Fat Tire on tap sealed the deal. I'd say it is sophisticated but unpretentious, polished but relaxed. You could wear jeans if you really wanted to. Live music was nice. The bar area was nice too. This is where I go when I want a real steak for a fair price.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Had been to Pete Miller's in Evanston a couple of times before, but was not even aware they had one in Wheeling. Drove by a couple of times and noticed this beautiful outdoor cafe attached to a restaurant. Looked at the sign and realized it was the same name. So decided one day to take my wife and son as a surprise. You see it was raining very hard and we had not eaten. Were in the neighborhood and I remembered to try it. Showed up without a reservation and drenched to the bone with umbrellas. Was fully expecting some attitue as we are dressed very casually. Quite to the contrary they took us to one of their best talbes in the main dining room and we proceeded to have a feast. I was very impressed with the service the first time and have been every time since. Martinis and calamari made a great start. This was followed by filet mignon, fish and asparagus. My wife was please with the expresso to end the meal. I highly recommend for anyone looking for fine dining in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. We still need to go back to try the Sunday jazz brunch and outdoor cafe in the summer.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Went to Pete Millers for dinner with some business associates. Nice atmosphere created by live music. Large menu and only downside was a lack of appetisers that were not seafood. Large selection of steaks and other mains. I went for the NY Strip with a pepper coating. Really tasty and cooked to perfection. No room left for desserts so we didn't try any of them. Service was good throughout the night. It is quite a pricy restaurant but somewhere nice for a special occasion.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have hit all the steak places off milwaukee ave in Wheeling and Lincolnshire. Flemming is my favorite over here. Service is good a petes and the steaks are very good just not the best I have had. It is however my favorite easter brunch place in town!!! So good and the what a selection of food! Entertainment is awesome! Always live music there nearly everyday of the week! They have one of the best patios in the area as well! When they use to do lunch it was great to sit out there and eat however it was very slow so an hour business lunch was tight. They stopped doing lunch which was unfortunate because they had the best burgers on restaurant row!!! By far!! They were awesome and priced right. Too bad they stopped lunch it was one of my favorites!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Went for their Sunday brunch today. My husband and I were very disappointed in the quality of the food presented and the cleanliness of the area around the food stations.
The prime rib was tasteless, the crepes were cold and the shrimp were soggy.
The made-to-order omelettes were the best part of the food choices. The bagels were equivalent to frozen bagels at the grocery store. Their cakes were overly sweet and not presented in an appetizing way.
I would not go again for brunch nor would I recommend it.

1  Thank Mingy1