“It was really bad”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake -Cook
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have been here before and it was average but tonight it was really bad. We came in at 7:30 without a reservation. I expected to wait, no problem. The wait was 90 minutes, which was still ok with us until you looked around and saw 10 to 15 tables that had no one at them. Then we were told that we had to give them a cell phone number so they could text us when our table was ready, even though we were 20 to 30 feet away in the bar. We did not have a phone with us, it was back at home. They were not coming to look for us, we needed to come back and check with them at the hostess desk in about an hour to 1 1/2 hours to see how our name was on the list. Does a patron also get charged for that same text from their cell phone plan? I found this very rude. I am there as a paying guest no a gofer. Every waitstaff person there tonight was really working hard. Very busy and running. Did they not have enought staff? I don't get it. You could still get a seat at the bar. But the thing with the cell phone really made me crazy. They were also out of prime rib and 10 oz. filet by 8:30 pm. Really?

1  Thank Grace S

Reviewed 7 January 2014

excellent steaks
cooked to perfection
there were 4 in our party
we ordered two salads which we split
two had prime rib
I had a small (7 oz) filet
and we had one burger
one bannas flambea and one coffee
the bill was $155 plus tip
not in expensive but worth the price.

live band in the bar
but the music was not disturbing in the dining room
made for a wonderful evening

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I just wanted a great steak, a prime steak medium rare. Pete's always satisfies. They cooked it perfectly. The beef was delicious. The sides were great too. Fat Tire on tap sealed the deal. I'd say it is sophisticated but unpretentious, polished but relaxed. You could wear jeans if you really wanted to. Live music was nice. The bar area was nice too. This is where I go when I want a real steak for a fair price.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Had been to Pete Miller's in Evanston a couple of times before, but was not even aware they had one in Wheeling. Drove by a couple of times and noticed this beautiful outdoor cafe attached to a restaurant. Looked at the sign and realized it was the same name. So decided one day to take my wife and son as a surprise. You see it was raining very hard and we had not eaten. Were in the neighborhood and I remembered to try it. Showed up without a reservation and drenched to the bone with umbrellas. Was fully expecting some attitue as we are dressed very casually. Quite to the contrary they took us to one of their best talbes in the main dining room and we proceeded to have a feast. I was very impressed with the service the first time and have been every time since. Martinis and calamari made a great start. This was followed by filet mignon, fish and asparagus. My wife was please with the expresso to end the meal. I highly recommend for anyone looking for fine dining in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. We still need to go back to try the Sunday jazz brunch and outdoor cafe in the summer.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Went to Pete Millers for dinner with some business associates. Nice atmosphere created by live music. Large menu and only downside was a lack of appetisers that were not seafood. Large selection of steaks and other mains. I went for the NY Strip with a pepper coating. Really tasty and cooked to perfection. No room left for desserts so we didn't try any of them. Service was good throughout the night. It is quite a pricy restaurant but somewhere nice for a special occasion.