“Best crab legs but pass on steak”

Bob Chinn's Crab House
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Wheeling
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I love Their crab legs. They are huge and melt in your mouth. We have also gotten steak every time but I think we will pass next time cause every time we get steak they never cook it enough. Not sure if cooks need more training but every time steak is not done enough for medium. Other then that Mai Tais are awesome and if you google bob chinn Mai tai recipe there is an awesome lady that posted a recipe that tastes better than original.

There are newer reviews for Bob Chinn's Crab House

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I had dinner at Bob Chinn's this weekend. We've been searching for a source for decent grouper in the midwest. Most we've found taste rancid or freezer-burned. Chinn's is absolutely the freshest, best tasting around. We've had grouper in restaurants along the gulf and atlantic seaboard that "claim" right from the boats - Chinn beats them hands down. Garlic bread was excellent, service was great, atmosphere quaint. If there is a downside at all, it is that prices are a bit high, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been going to Chins for years. The food quality has gone down and the prices are rapidly increasing.

1  Thank Margo B
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Not cheap but very worth it! Must try the garlic bread! Great for families, couples, although a louder atmosphere... Great Mai Thai

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Friends took us here to celebrate my wife's birthday. They rave about this place. In my humble opinion it is just a wanna be seafood restaurant. Overpriced fish, and run down to say the least. The service was average. I guess that I have been spoiled eating at some great seafood restaurants along the southern coast. If your living in Chicago and have a desire for seafood, this place will fill the bill. But if you want to partake of some truly great seafood, head south to the coast.