“Stone Crabs”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went with a large party this past Saturday, all meals were excellent from Sushi, Grouper, Shrimp to Stone Craps. A very busy restaurant, reservations recommended especially for large parties.
My first visit but others had been their many times over the years. We had an excellent server very attentive without being intrusive, garlic rolls were wonderful. Noisy though given the crowds.
Not a good place for an intimate dining experience.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Always a great meal. Not cheap. Not an impressive wine selection or romantic atmosphere but Garlic rolls not to be missed and best fish choices anywhere

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had been to Bob Chinn's years ago and remembered it fondly. This experience was no so wonderful! The restaurant is huge and loud with multiple lines to stand in to get seated. The crab leg entree we ordered was $70 - the crab we received was lukewarm and bland. We also ordered scallops which I would also characterize as bland. Overall, a very disappointing follow up visit. Our waiter forgot to bring soup and we had to ask him to remove it from the bill.

1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I haven't been in Chicago for 14 years, and as soon as I landed I went there for dinner. The best Alaska king crab I had in my life.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This large (seats 700), bustling seafood restaurant features a variety of fish and crabs. I had King Fingers which were excellent. Those are the walking legs of King Crab and I find them more flavorful that the big claws. My wife had Ex-Crab-Aganza which is a plate of chef selected crabs and shrimp. Some of the items were better than others. My wife rated it as just average.