“Best subs ever!”

Rammy's Sub Contractors
Ranked #15 of 89 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 17 April 2014

No more needs to be said. The subs are tasted perfectly, the garlic bread is the best. The milkshakes are great too.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Before I knew I was gluten intolerant this place was one of my favorite sandwich places. The 2x4 was my regular. It is a great toasted sub that is bigger then a potbelly and taste as good if not better! It is a little expensive but you do get a good size sandwich. I always add a lemonade which is the best fast food lemonade I have ever had! The decor is nice and I just really like this place! Hopefully they will get some gluten free bread some day. I havent been in there in 2 months since I found out I was gluten intolerant and I miss it soo much!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Order the New Yorker off of the specials board, you won't be unhappy!

This place blows Subway and Jersey Mikes totally out of the water. If you like toasted subs, awesome, you're in for a rare treat. If you don't like toasted, like me than you are in for a big surprise! I always likened "toasted" to Quiznos subs which in my opinion suck; crusty burnt bread that tears apart the roof of your mouth like overly crunchy breakfast cereal. Fear not my friends, this place knows how to make the tastiest sub around.

The "toasting" process doesn't really toast the bread, instead you get a sub sandwich on bread that has the warm doughy flavor that bread straight out of the oven have. The ingredients they use for the meats, cheeses, etc. are top notch. Sides and drinks are your standard fountain drinks and chips but Snapple, Arizona Iced Tea, canned beverages, and side dishes such as potato salad and coleslaw are available. This place is so good I drive 15 minutes past a subway (forget them and jersey mikes they are awful) just to order a sandwich on my lunch break!

The bad:

A little pricey. If you ask for a cup for water after spending $8 on a sub and chips they give you a dinky little plastic sippy cup which kind of makes you feel like a [--]. Not a cool move considering the price of the sandwich and chips. Give me a normal sized cup for my water, I shouldn't have to take a kid sized cup just because I'd rather have water over soda.

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We love Rammy's the bread, the meats, cheese, everything is great! Since they closed the location in Vernon Hills a few yrs ago we have to drive 25 minutes to get here so we don't go as often as we'd like.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Overall just a great place with great sandwiches. They have a wide variety of breads and meats and a great menu with some great combinations. My favorite is the Megastructure with hot peppers, which basically has every meat know by man on one sandwich.

Gotta try it out, but remember they close early so it is sometimes easier to get this for lunch rather than dinner.