“A walk back in time!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“A walk back in time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

We made a whirlwind trip up to Chicago, from Alabama, to attend my brother's wedding over the Labor Day weekend. We were staying at the Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center in Zion, so on our way there from Midway Airport, we decided to detour off the interstate and show the kids my old "stomping grounds" from my childhood years in Wheeling and Buffalo Grove. My kids were only interested in eating, so that was our first stop. We pulled off at the Market Square Restaurant in hopes that we'd find more than a greasy hamburger. We had a wonderful lunch and a wonderful staff that served us. They were all so curious about our trip and our home in Alabama. It was even more exciting when I realized one of our servers graduated from Wheeling High School two years before I did! What a small world! The restaurant was a bit dated, but the food was so yummy! There was a big "thumbs-up" for the BLT's and hot open-faced roast beef sandwich smothered in gravy. I'm getting hungry again just reading my own review:)

• Visited September 2012