“Comfy”

Market Square Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #41 of 90 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American, Greek, Steakhouse
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

This is a typical neighborhood Greek family restaurant with better than average food and generous portions. My parent love this place. My wife and I go here when we want "regular" food not from a chain. Rolls, soup or salad, and a desert come with most meals. I always take some rice pudding home. The service is polite and on time. It's nice having this within walking distance. Not sure I'd drive to far to get here though. It's a common kind of place.

There are newer reviews for Market Square Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I found this place to eat and kill some time. Greeted, seated, water and coffee in 60 seconds. I love comfort food, so ham and 3 eggs are my choice. I get a plate of nice fluffy scrambled eggs, hash browns fried to perfection, 2 wonderful pancakes, and a large portion of Ham off the Bone to die for. The #1 on the breakfast specials for only $5.99. Lots of food for the price. But the flavorful ham and everything else being great puts their simple egg dish in it's own league. Excellent service, value, food. A truly great find just by chance.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Very good food , great portions. You really get your moneys worth here. Our waiter was very efficient and nice. My husband and I make a point of visiting whenever we're in Illinois. Never had bad service and never had a bad meal here. So, I don't know what PeteF1962 is talking about. Carry on Market Square !

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We made a whirlwind trip up to Chicago, from Alabama, to attend my brother's wedding over the Labor Day weekend. We were staying at the Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center in Zion, so on our way there from Midway Airport, we decided to detour off the interstate and show the kids my old "stomping grounds" from my childhood years in Wheeling and Buffalo Grove. My kids were only interested in eating, so that was our first stop. We pulled off at the Market Square Restaurant in hopes that we'd find more than a greasy hamburger. We had a wonderful lunch and a wonderful staff that served us. They were all so curious about our trip and our home in Alabama. It was even more exciting when I realized one of our servers graduated from Wheeling High School two years before I did! What a small world! The restaurant was a bit dated, but the food was so yummy! There was a big "thumbs-up" for the BLT's and hot open-faced roast beef sandwich smothered in gravy. I'm getting hungry again just reading my own review:)