“Average hotel”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling
Chicago
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Be warned if you do not find a parking space right in front of the hotel, you will be walking quite a bit.

Stayed here due to a conference. Check in was efficient. The room was a good size but few outlets. The bathroom was on the small side with no room for two people to get ready in there. You are charged for wifi per device! Not normal for this day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
GM_WCNS, General Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thanks for your response. please feel assured that we will address these issues and come up with a better alternative . I am glad that you did enjoy your visit and please keep the feedback coming as it only makes us better.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel was very clean and quite comfortable. I had a room with two double beds which was ok although I reserved a queen single. The front desk gave me the double because I checked in early in the day around 10:00 AM and that was available and I didn't want to wait until a single was open.

The electrical outlets were a little confusing; if you turned off a switch somewhere in the room it turned of the power off in the outlet and my phone/ computer did not charge. Also one day I did note receive any wash cloths which I did to notice until I was ready to shower the next morning.

The restaurants were ok except that the air conditioning was FRIGID, even the men complained of the cold. The food however was pretty tasty.

Overall, the hotel was clean and has a pleasant atmosphere and is decorated with taste. It did not have that feeling that it needed updating, rather I found it to be very contemporary and pleasing. If some of the minor nuisances that I mentioned were corrected, this would have gotten a five star rating.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Looks like we have a little work to do to make your stay a more memorable one. We will take your comments and review these set backs and create a plan to make your experience a better one on your next visit.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I had problems with the Westin from the time I booked until after I checked out and was very disappointed with the customer service and lack of accountability for their shortfalls during my stay. Among many things that were disapponting, we reserved a king room only to find upon check in that they couldn't give us a king room. I understand things change, but instead of apologizing they informed me that "if we really needed a king, then we should have noted that in the notes section online". We were underwhelmed with the stay. Staff made us feel like we were burdening them, especislly when i called and expressed our disappointment. I stay in many hotels on business and have never been treated as if my business was unimportant, and that's how I felt here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Modjos
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet expectations. Customer service is very important to us and with your feedback we will continue to get better. Please be assure that you are very important to us and i would be happy to talk more on how we can provide you better service.
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight in June, after a visit to the Chicago Botanic Gardens. It isn't very convenient to the city of Chicago, but if you're looking for a nice place to stay away from the hectic pace of the city, this is it. The hotel is easy to find. The parking is free, but the parking lot is located way off to the side of the hotel. There is a fountain area that looks nice, but causes patrons to have to walk even further to get to the hotel. The walk is all uphill, too. After we dragged our luggage up the hill, though, and entered the hotel, everything was fine. The front desk staff was highly professional and friendly. We rode the elevator up to our room and the room itself was lovely. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the shower was wonderful. We had a very good night's sleep and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
LMartin395, Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you got to experience the Botanic Gardens. When you come back if you need any help with your bags or getting to the train to get downtown just let us know- we would be happy to help!

Looking forward to having you back,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Very nice! Priced right!
Clean room, AC perfect! Staff very nice as always. Enjoyed the hotel in general :)

My visit was one night for two rooms an they where able to put the room together as requested

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay just as enjoyable.

Grand Haven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We could not get a room in the city on such late notice, so drove out to Wheeling for this spectacular hotel. We were looking for pet friendly as we'd driven 6 hours to pick up our new puppy Isis. We'd been to Cooper's Hawk before and noticed the hotel, so when it popped up on Hotels.com, I went for it. We had two rooms, a double queen for my two sons and puppy and a king for us. The rooms were spotless, the beds were wonderfully comfortable, (and I'm like the princess from Princess and the Pea) and the bathrooms were nicely appointed.
We had dinner at Cooper's Hawk, the winery in the parking lot. Wonderful! Along with morning breakfast in the hotel, we were well rested and well fed.
And of course we kept the puppy on a crate, so all was kept spotless. The only complaint is that there was a sci fi convention, and the elevators were packed from the hours of 9-11. I took the stairs from the fourth floor.

• Stayed June 2013
LMartin395, Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your new furry friend at the last minute. We hope that you will be back soon for another visit. Make sure to check our website for all of our promotions and packages!

Thanks again,
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean and modern hotel in the suburbs of Chicago. 4 restaurant in walking distance (steak, sushi, american, and sports bar). Good to have the convience in a city where you really have to drive everywhere. Wheeling overall is nothing special though, just a regular suburban midwestern town.

Tip: if you rent a car, bring some change as many of the highway exits have no attendents and require exact change in coins (currently $1.50).

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank 19Mike19
Thank you so much for taking the time to review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we pride ourselves in having a courteous and attentive staff. Next time if you don't have a car ask about our shuttle service to the train to provide easy access to all the downtown attractions just minutes away. We can also provide some recommendations of things to do locally.

Hope to see you again soon,
Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield

Been to The Westin Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!