“Good hotel with reasonable prices” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Chicago North Shore

The Westin Chicago North Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good hotel with reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

stayed ther multiple times- its a good hotel, good service and clean rooms and good value for money. the fact that one is charged for packages being delivered to the hotel is a bit strange given previous experience with many other hotels , so its important to be aware of. the restuarants in the vicinity of the hotel serve nice decent meals

Green Features: the hotel offers renouncing room service for receiving membership points and i really like this!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_WCNS, General Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent stay with us! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are also a returning guest, you're loyalty is greatly appreciated and I am glad that we're able to consistently exceed your expectations when you stay Westin. I am also happy to see that you have enjoyed the surrounding area, we hope you visit soon so that you can see what else the North Shore has to offer in regards to summer festivals and wonderful outdoor activities.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I book my very busy executive at this hotel quite often. On one trip, my executive left his Macbook charger at home and needed to work when he arrived at the hotel at a very late hour to prepare for a BIG meeting the next day. Samantha, Assistant Guest Service Manager and James, the Bellman went above and beyond to the Apple store and picked up the power cord and had it in his room when he arrived. I know this is above and beyond but they dont know how much it saved my executive and allowed him to be productive. Great job guys! You are number 1 in our book!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_WCNS, General Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments on your experience with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing and I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your executive client during his stay, I will be sure to pass on your appreciation to our front desk staff as they will be happy to hear how helpful they were to your client.
Andover, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here many times, always the same. All you could want from a business hotel, clean rooms, comfortable bed, quiet surroundings.
A bit out of the way for anything although there is a good restaurant near by (Coopers Hawke) or try the Ram on the other side of the road (take your life in your hands). The Ram has its own brewery and for beer lovers it is great, though only fast food available.
No public transport nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent feedback on your continual stays with us. I am happy to hear that our level of hospitality suits your needs as business traveler and we greatly appreciate your loyalty with us. While Cooper's Hawk and Ram are excellent choices in dining, please feel free to speak with any of our guest service agents in regards to other dining options as well as transportation options to get you safely from point A to point B. Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to your next visit.
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bed was comfortable, amenities nice, and I enjoy the SPG program of giving you points or purchase discounts when you skip having the room made up. There is a wonderful walking trail SE of the hotel in the woods on the other side of the river. Enter from SE corner of parking. For some reason, my keys didn't work well. Had to try several times each time I opened door. Three sets of keys, no less, as I had three reservations, using two special programs and points. When I finally mentioned it, the manager came to the room. The key he had made worked fine. Very strange. We switched sets of keys. Room has fridge, which is nice. No snacks or drinks for sale, however. Internet was $12.95 per day. Ridiculous. When will the hotels learn. However, nice business center with printing, and no charge for anything. Front desk clerk was wonderful. She always remembered me through my reservation switches.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent stay with us, it is greatly appreciated. I am happy to see that your stay was enjoyable, comfortable and that the amenities were to your liking. I apologize for the issue that you had with your keys and the inconvenience of our current wi-fi policy, but I am glad that our front desk manager was able to assist you with your room key issue during your stay. I understand that there are other facilities around the area that offer complimentary wi-fi with their stays, however in order for us to continue to provide superior service and amenities that stand out above our competition at competitive rates, we're unfortunately not able to provide complimentary wi-fi at this time. I will be sure to pass on your praise to our front desk staff as they take great pride in their guest service and will be happy to hear that you were very pleased with their assistance. Thank you again for your feedback Mike, we look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I were looking for somewhere to go for our 20th Anniversary. We had looked at hotels downtown (we live in the city), but they were all ridiculously expensive. We discovered the Westin Chicago North Shore online and found mostly good reviews. The price was very reasonable! When we got there we told them it was our anniversary and they upgraded our room! So friendly, so nice, so helpful. And the ROOM! Just what we had hoped for. The Heavenly Bed is indeed HEAVENLY! So comfortable, and the Heavenly Bath is just as nice. The shower was huge and the rain shower head alond with a body wand just couldn't be better. We had a wonderful dinner at Saranello's inside the hotel, and check-out was a breeze. We'll definitely be going back!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_WCNS, General Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay, we are very pleased to see that we were able to offer you and your wife the relaxing and comfortable environment that you were searching for. Thank you for your compliments on the staff, we strive at providing excellent guest service and I will be sure to pass on your gratitude for their hospitality. Congratulations on your anniversary, we hope to see you again soon!
Near Den Haag, Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Nice business hotel, well equiped for conferences, adjacent to restaurants and near a small river and natural environment, friendly staff and convenient shuttle bus.
Rooms are well spaced and well equipped, beds are very good.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor to prevent street noise
Green Features: You can choose a green option, by which one does not get room service and saves on cleaning and towel washing etc.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_WCNS, General Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback on your most recent visit. We are excited to hear that enjoyed the property and the restaurants in the area. Thanks for the shout out on the staff. I will pass this on to them as they have been working harder then ever to improve their guest service. I am sure they will be happy to hear that their time is making a difference. Look forward to your next visit.
OKC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The location seems out of the way for many things, but offers many things the downtown sites do not. Backing right up on the Des Plains river and a large natural area, it is very easy to step out of the hotel and get away from the bustle, either for a walk with grandkids, or a lengthy training run. We liked that.
The rooms are standard, amply spacious though, and do offer nice views. The staff were more than helpful and courteous. I arrived earlier than my room was available, so they helped me feel at home and arranged space for me to work until they phoned me that I could check in. We requested an adjacent room for the grandkids, and that worked well. The late Sunday check-out made the combined business-family purposes work well. And the beds are comfortable.
The gym offers standard aerobic devices, but only limited weights. The pool however, is nicer than most with enough length to do more than two stroke laps, yet also enough variety space to enjoy play with kids. The sound buffering panels on the walls were creatively decorated by prior guests with imprints and letters indicating numerous youngsters had enjoyed the space before us. I didn't test their advertised service of rental work-out gear, figuring it highly unlikely they would carry shoes the size of my rowboats, but it seemed a nice touch.
The only downside is getting there and back, Taxis taken by our group ranged from 30 to almost 80 dollars, depending on the company and how they were called. Clearly some of these were beyond what a 16 mile trip from O'Hare should cost. Getting from here to downtown via public transit was also nearly a two hour adventure given the infrequent bus service.
I liked the service they offered our group meeting, especially the smoothie bar for breakfast.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GM_WCNS, General Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. I am excited to hear that you were able to enjoy the surrounding this time of the year. You can only imagine how nice they are in the summer. The path behind the hotel can be used for running (try our Run Westin Program) or for a nice bike ride ( we will store that bike for you). As for that workout gear, the Gear Lending Program has a varity of sizes although if you think it is a challange you can always give us a call and we will see if we can locate that size for your next visit, which we hope will be real soon. Look forward to seeing you in the summer with the grand kids. Also feel free to give us a call prior to your next visit so we might have the opportunity to assist you with a less expensive method of travel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Ramada Plaza Chicago North Shore
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire

Been to The Westin Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!