“Great stay if you like filth and bugs!”
Review of Willowbrook Inn

Willowbrook Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My client booked this hotel for a meeting. I saw the bad reviews and was worried but I had no idea how bad it was.

First when I called the hotel someone at the hotel told me they were a Holiday Inn. When I arrived I did not see any Holiday Inn signs and the lobby looked OK. I was given a room on the first floor and when I walked down the hall it had a terrible order. The hallway was filthy, there were bins of garbage against the vending machines and empty beer bottles in the hall. The bins of garbage were not trash cans but garbage containers that were in a bin like a laundry cart (see photos). The meeting room was filthy and had a very bad smell, The table cloths were soiled and the chair seats were soiled.

My sleeping room had a bad smell and the toilet was running. The room furniture was soiled.

Since I was tired I decided to leave the hotel for a while and put up with all the bad things which I would chalk up to a bad day and stay. I reported this to the front desk but they said there was nothing they could do then chatted among each other (not in English).

I came back to the hotel and noticed small black things in the bathroom floor - then I noticed they were moving!!!! I am not sure but I think they were baby roaches.. I am moving my luggage to the car.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

First of all I called to get a room here and they tried to give me a pricey rate. So I undermined decent human interaction and understanding and got a $75 rate on bookit.com.
I had a shorts night rest to be awaken by the light flooding through the curtains. I tried to close the thick ones, but they're just short and for show. It may have also been the air conditioner that sounded like a jet plane that woke me up. Or maybe it was the house keepers who started vacuuming the hallway at 8am. "Ok I'm up I'll have a nice shower." The shower filled as I was showering. It also changed from steaming hot to luke cold.
When confronted with these issues they advised me to deal with it through bookit.
Although the bed was comfortable and the internet was sufficient I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed 1 night parked our vehicle for 8 nights. Very friendly-very clean-very comfortable & extremely helpful! Our plane was delayed on our way home by more then an hour-BUT the shuttle was there waiting for us like they promised!

Room Tip: Cheapest park & stay for Midway in Chicago but wow are they clean & helpful!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We booked for the long term parking and airport shuttle but were pleasantly surprised by the Great price and friendly staff!

Robin, Colleen, Barbara and Dave all agree it was convenient.

Parking lots could be lighted better but.....

I will book again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Debi L
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Arrived they did not have my. Reservation. I gavevthem copy of my confirmation. Was checked in fast. Room was basic but comfortable. Went to the bar for supper very limited munu and expendive. We got burgers they were not that good. The shuttle service was great though got us to air port and was waiting for us when we arrived back. Driver very nice plesent to talk with.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa S
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is an old picture on this review page - it is no longer a Holiday Inn. We stayed here because of the sleep/park/ride package. The hotel could use some updating, but otherwise was fine. The thermostat in our room did not shut off the heat when it got to the right temperature, so the room was over-heated, but I failed to mention this at checkout (sorry). It is a little out of the way so was little hard to find, but MapQuest solved that. Our reservation was fine and the desk confirmed out flight plans when we checked in. They told us they would be at the airport to pick us up when we returned.

The driver was courteous and knew the back way to avoid the morning traffic. The car was safe in the parking lot and much to my delight, the driver was waiting for us when we returned. It was overall a pleasant experience and I would recommend this place for the money.

Room Tip: We were assigned a king size bed but wanted two doubles, so they moved us without a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I chose to stay here last week because we wanted a place to stay over night for an early flight from Midway at 6am the following day (and didn't want to leave from Indiana at 2am). We had a delicious dinner at their bar, a clean and comfortable room, and a good nights' sleep. They shuttled us to and from the airport in a timely and professional fashion. We paid under $100 w/ tax for the room and ability to leave our car there for several nights. We realized that the cost of parking alone at Midway is just a few dollars less that our park & fly package! Also, like many have pointed out, this is not a Holiday Inn anymore, though the picture above indicates that it is. Don't let that deter you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple