“Not a Holiday Inn!”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Cambridge, Minnesota, United States
“Not a Holiday Inn!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here after being bumped from a flight. The airline made the reservation. This is a 30 minute shuttle to Midway but we got there. The outside of the building appears neglected. No one has taken care of the landscaping in a long time. Check in went smooth and the lobby seemed ok. Went to my room and the hall smelled musty like it had been vacant for awhile. Our room was nice but the air was off so it was very hot and again musty. The carpet felt damp not sure if it was because it was humid or what. The view from our room was the pool, which has a cover on it because it is not in use. Again the landscaping is not being cared for with lots of weeds everywhere. I will say the rooms were quiet and we did sleep fairly well despite the storm and having to get up so early. I did learn that this hotel was sold in July of 2013 just prior to an auction. I wish Holiday Inn would take it back and get it back to their standards. The investor that bought this probably only bought this for the land/location and will sell it to make money-hence not taking care of the property or correcting any reported problems.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

You get whatnyou pay for. The hotel is in a decent location and the shuttle was prompt and timely to the airport. The room was clean and air conditioned but the hallways had an odor and were humid and hot.
Not a bad deal for a single night prior to flying out. Single night stays are fine here but I probably wouldnt book it for a vacation.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Carlyn W
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed through park & fly. Called to make sure they had my reservation. They had to call me back. Hallways filthy & smelled. Room clean, nice bed. Shower with only hot water- very hot. Shuttle service was great. They were waiting outside to pick us up and the flight got in early.

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Willowbrook hotels

Palmyra, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel gives all budget hotel a bad rap. Checked in Monday night to a room that house keeping didn't clean when the last person left. Of course it was the last king room available so my 6'4" frame got to sleep in a double bed....oh no not queen, DOUBLE. Room was hot because they are to cheap to pre cool the rooms for the guests so an hour of hot and muggy it was finally comfortable. Came back from work Tuesday afternoon to take a shower and no hot water. Front desk said 5 minutes and an hour later still not hot water. So a luke warm shower it was. My room had a TV with built-in VCR from 1992, no mini frig, and no microwave. The bed was comfortable enough and the AC did work. Other than that this hotel was by far the worst I have ever stayed at in a long time. Also about that shower. Prepare to be scaled and frozen because the plumbing is from the 1970's and can't maintain a consistent temperature. That is probably giving it some credit. So my advice is go next door to the La Quinta. By the way, my name is on all of my reviews. I don't hide behind some blank name.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dustin D
Bloomington, illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We just stayed at this hotel through a park and fly deal. The hotel was dirty and our room had torn wall paper and holes in walls. The hotel failed to pick us up upon returning so we sat at the airport until they came to get another group. This resulted in us getting to the hotel 2 hours after landing. The van didn't have enough room for everyone so the other group was split up and had to wait for another shuttle.

Stayed June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My client booked this hotel for a meeting. I saw the bad reviews and was worried but I had no idea how bad it was.

First when I called the hotel someone at the hotel told me they were a Holiday Inn. When I arrived I did not see any Holiday Inn signs and the lobby looked OK. I was given a room on the first floor and when I walked down the hall it had a terrible order. The hallway was filthy, there were bins of garbage against the vending machines and empty beer bottles in the hall. The bins of garbage were not trash cans but garbage containers that were in a bin like a laundry cart (see photos). The meeting room was filthy and had a very bad smell, The table cloths were soiled and the chair seats were soiled.

My sleeping room had a bad smell and the toilet was running. The room furniture was soiled.

Since I was tired I decided to leave the hotel for a while and put up with all the bad things which I would chalk up to a bad day and stay. I reported this to the front desk but they said there was nothing they could do then chatted among each other (not in English).

I came back to the hotel and noticed small black things in the bathroom floor - then I noticed they were moving!!!! I am not sure but I think they were baby roaches.. I am moving my luggage to the car.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

First of all I called to get a room here and they tried to give me a pricey rate. So I undermined decent human interaction and understanding and got a $75 rate on bookit.com.
I had a shorts night rest to be awaken by the light flooding through the curtains. I tried to close the thick ones, but they're just short and for show. It may have also been the air conditioner that sounded like a jet plane that woke me up. Or maybe it was the house keepers who started vacuuming the hallway at 8am. "Ok I'm up I'll have a nice shower." The shower filled as I was showering. It also changed from steaming hot to luke cold.
When confronted with these issues they advised me to deal with it through bookit.
Although the bed was comfortable and the internet was sufficient I would never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien
Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge
WoodSpring Suites Chicago Darien

Been to Willowbrook Inn? Share your experiences!