“Great Customer service”

Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We initially booked our reservation with orbitz and they really messed up our reservation :( Amanda the customer agent at the Red Roof Inn front desk was able to clean up their mess and really made us feel at home. We decided to come back to the Red Roof Inn even though other hotel/motels were closer to where we need to be. Amanda gets an A+++ from us. Employees like her are hard to find.

-satisfied customer :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mitch M
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding Amanda's work at our Inn. We're always happy to hear feedback from our guests and I'm delighted that Amanda was able to provide you excellent customer service and solve the problem that occurred. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Amanda and the rest of my staff. We hope to see you come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We took a chance with this place as it was very close to the stadium where Chicago Fire plays. It was only $45 but the mattresses were lumpy and the carpets dingy. And its outside doors and they had a giant party in the parking lot from about 3 first floor rooms. It's cheap but that shows.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jabrjaws

Thank you for your review of our Inn. I'm sorry to hear that our accomodations did not meet your expectations. We are currently undergoing a renovation that is scheduled to be completed in May of this year. Our rooms will feature all new bedding, furniture, hardwood flooring, a brand new paint job, and new sinks and vanities. We will be sure to watch out for noise disturbances in the future and I hope you will come visit us again.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

By the look of their in room brochures Red Roof Inns are undergoing a room by room upgrade to all their hotels and this hotel was no different by evidence of the work crew on the south side of this hotel. My room had already been upgraded. Very tastefully done I might add. Wood floor with strategically placed rugs, above counter sink, heavy duty and expensive looking furniture, new shower/bathtub but I was most impressed by their bed. Wow! The bed was of course new and much more comfortable than my own bed at home. And...and...the board of directors at Red Roof Inn must watch that reality show "Hotel Impossible" (or whatever that show is called) because the bedspread was not the commonly used, ugly, polyester type that you see in all low/medium chain hotels. No, this was a high quality bedspread. Very nicely done Red Roof Inn. I will be back.

Downside: No continental breakfast, elevator dirty and slow, slow heat.

Room Tip: Get a room on the bottom floor. The elevator was extremely slow.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your kind words regarding our Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoy the changes to our Inn and I will be sure to pass your comments along to our corporate office. In the upcoming months we will be completely renovated and I hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

PRO: My room was clean, the staff was curtious.
CON: There was no Bible in the room, the heating was very slow to heat the room, and there was not many channels on the TV. No History channel, no A&E, no hunting channels, you get the point....

Room Tip: All & all the room was OK nfor the price.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn of Willowbrook. We appreciate hearing from all of our guests regarding their stay and I hope we can serve you in the future.

We recently stopped keeping bibles in all our rooms, however we do have a number of copies available at the front desk if you would like one.

During the winter months we try to keep all of our rooms at a comfortable temperature. Should you come and stay with us again we would be happy to switch you to a different room should the room you are given does not meet a comfortable temperature.

I'm sorry to hear that we did not have some of the TV channels you normally watch. We try to carry an assortment of cable channels such as Discovery, ESPN, CNN, TNT, TBS, USA and HBO so our guests can enjoy a number of different choices. I will look into adding some of the channels you suggested.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

was given my key and the room was suppose to be non smoking. They had an ozone machine on the floor. It would have taken days to remove that smell of smoke in that room. I reported the issue and they changed my room with no problem.

2nd room had no smoke smell. I actually stayed at the motel a week later for a night and that room was smoke free, too. The rooms had new carpet, microwave, fridge, coffee maker. The room was clean except where the vacuum would not reach.

I hate that Red Roof charges a fee for the safe and if you do not use it you have to ask them during check out to remove the fees.

A trash truck was slamming the dumpster at 6:30am. My other morning I was woke up by an alarm blasting music at 6:15am. Shouldn't checking the alarms be part of housekeeping's job?

Overall the staff was friendly and gave me good advice on a few local questions that I had.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Thank you for your review of our Inn. My apologies for our checking you into a room that currently had an air purifier in it. You'll be happy to know that we will soon be undergoing a complete renovation of our Inn and will be 100% Smoke Free once it is completed. I will pass the note along to my housekeeping staff to ensure that alarm clocks are turned off in any empty rooms. We hope to have you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

I enjoyed my stay at red roof inn in willowbrook IL over the summer. The receptionist Amanda Johnson was extremely helpful with providing information for the sites nearby, making sure we were happy with our room, and followed up with any questions we had. We were able to get coffee which was nice also. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank rjc4
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our Inn from your stay this past summer. We love receiving feedback from our guests and it is always helpful so we can further improve our service we provide. I will pass your comments along to Amanda and the rest of my staff as they greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Picked this hotel after reading the reviews....afterwards I had to check and recheck to be sure I had stayed at the same hotel as everyone was raving about. I didn't have a fridge/microwave/freezer, internet was slow at best, roomed REEKED of cigarette and had a stale musty odor. The "fan", "high fan", "air", "cold air" all blew the same thing out...stale air. It was so hot in there it was extremely uncomfortable.I mean it was ok, but I was very, very disappointed. Yes, the staff was very nice, but that's about all the good I can say about this place. The stench is what really got to me. And I'm not a real fan of the doors opening to the outside, just an issue I personally have.

Room Tip: I didn't have too much of an issue with noise (other than the people next door fighting, but tha...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our Inn. I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory and we welcome all critique and comments regarding our performance and quality. We are currently in the process of upgrading our wireless internet and we hope to have improved speed and performance once this is completed. Our entire staff puts a great focus on room cleanliness and pleasant smell of the room and I will speak with my staff to ensure that every room they clean smells clean and fresh.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien
Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Super 8 Bridgeview/Chicago Area
Chicago Club Inn Suites
Chicago Club Inn Suites
#2 of 3 in Westmont

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook? Share your experiences!