“Nice amenities, Strange location”

Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I picked this Executive suite stay up on a Groupon, so the price was right. I was immediately skeptical when I was informed that there was a $20 - 6 month membership (or a $25 annual membership) fee required to stay at this "lodge" however. Membership for what, exactly?

That aside, the room was good size with a enormous whirlpool spa tub and adjacent gas fireplace. There was also a very large walk-in steam shower with wall shower head and overhead "rain" shower. This particular stay I was solo, but I will definitely consider bringing my wife with me next time I stay here. Two things I was not crazy about was the over abundance of mirrors in the room (too much like Sybaris for my taste), and the fact that there were no windows for natural light. The staff was courteous, and friendly. The breakfast was standard, run-of-the-mill Continental, and unimpressive. There is a little room off of the lobby with one table for two for breakfast dining.

The location of this venue was a little strange. It is set back off of a highway, but to arrive, you have to drive through a residential neighborhood. At first I thought my GPS was misguiding me.
There is no early check-in allowed, but fortunately there is a mall (Oakbrook Court) and plenty of restaurant choices nearby.

All in All, I would stay here again; maybe for a holiday or anniversary, but not by myself again.

Room Tip: To make this lodge worth the price, I wouldn't suggest staying in any room less than a Premium S...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank net_mavin

Reviewed 20 February 2013

When it comes to hotels I am very big on reading reviews before I stay there. When I read the reviews for this place I was very pleased. But when we arrived I was absolutely amazed at the cleanliness, the space and not to mention the huge pool and shower/steam room. I would highly recommend this place! The customer service, the location, the room, everything was worth every penny!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed in pool room for anniversary. Great room, great atmosphere, and great service. Had massages - good. Staff recommended nearby Italian restaurant that was phenomenal and moderately priced. Will be back. I'd recommend more than one night to take advantage of price you pay. Beds ok, not bad but certainly not most comfortable ever slept on. Nicely stocked bar with very low priced beverages - pay via honor system by leaving $ in room for what you take, nice trusting touch and nice to be able to grab what you want and not get gauged with typical mini bar prices.

Room Tip: Pool rooms more but I feel well worth the upgrade, very nicely done. I didn't spend any more for...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2013

What a great place to getaway and hole up together for a weekend. I was really impressed by how clean everything was, and how well-prepared and equipped the room was. From the steam shower to the in-room oversized jetted tub to the fireplace, it was a very relaxing and romantic place to spend the weekend with the one I love. You can't go wrong with this place.

I was a bit worried about the staff after reading other TripAdvisor reviews, but the front desk clerk that assisted me with check-in was professional and friendly. I had no complaints at all.

We left a personal item in the room when we left, and didn't discover it until we were far away. We called the front desk, and while I waited on the line, they went to check our room for the lost item. They came back on the line, informed me they had it, and immediately made arrangements to return the item to us via overnight mail.

A class act. I would definitely return here for another grown-up getaway, given the opportunity.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott D
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I had an awesome time at the Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites... The accomodations were rown and sexy, the service was excellent, and the access to the property was easy... This is a great bargain for a large jacuzzi, steam shower, fireplace, and the most comfortable bed I have felt in a long time...

I definitely will use their services again, especially when they run more specials like the $99 special that I took advantage of. It was definitely pleasurable!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I was tired of over priced chain hotels and decided to take a shot on the Champagne Lodge and it was a risk worth taking. My $110 room had a combo shower/steam room, a separate Jacuzzi and a gas fireplace. Nice bed, wood floors. What a value. Little tough to find even with GPS, but worth the effort.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I visited this hotel in November. The location was not as difficult t find as some stated. The check in process was a bit different as everything was paid for up front. I suppose that is the nature of this hotel, as it offers "afternoon" rates.

The maintenance of the room was not up to par. There were dirty stains on the floor. The nature went unresolved as I was not willing to determine what the cause. The shower was in need of repair. The headboard had tears in it and the fan for the heating system sounded like it was going to come through the ceiling (very loud and dying).

The morning desk woman was the rudest, most customer NOT SO FRIENDLY person we've ever met. Not only did she not have the coffee prepared but it was some other persons fault and she was not willing to make more. Furthermore we had to listen to how she had gone out the night before and was tired and really didn't want to be at work. Of course, she did not need to tell us that as it was terribly apparent.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank duccessoftravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
Aloft Bolingbrook
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
1 mi away
WoodSpring Suites Chicago Darien
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge

Been to Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!