Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook(Willowbrook)(Great Value!)
US$88
La Quinta
Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook(Willowbrook)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$54
Econo Lodge(Willowbrook)
US$61
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge(Burr Ridge)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$92
Travelocity
Willowbrook Inn(Willowbrook)
HotelQuickly
All reviewssteam showerget awaymy boyfriendrose petalsswim spagreat roomnice sizelight switchesboutique hotelenjoyed our staycontinental breakfastroad tripfree bottle of champagneromantic settingmood lightingtartssurround sound
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I bought a Groupon for my GF and I to stay here for her birthday. We finally were able to book 2 nights on Jan 1-3. The check in was awesome and we got a bottle of champagne :). We got to the room, unpacked, were really excited about getting away and we jumped right in the whirlpool tub. This was very relaxing and then here is when the trip took a turn. I got out to go to the bathroom and you can see how disgusting the toilet is from the pictures. After seeing this we started to look around and the showers had mold in them, the pillows smelt like armpits, the grout on the floors hadn't been cleaned in months, and there were dirty underwear in the closet left by the maid. I watch the show Hotel Impossible and this is when I started to be like Anthony and further analyze the room. I am attaching a bunch of pictures taken. My GF and I went to the front desk and talked with Kelly who works at the front desk. I explained to her our problem and she expressed how sorry she was. She had a few extra-unsold rooms and said that she would switch us immediately. Instead of unpacking my GF and I decided to check the room first and what we found was the same thing. We were stating in room 107, she switched us to 2 more rooms (119 and 121) which were just as bad and then she personally checked room 120 and said "no way". We left that night and called Groupon in the morning and I got my refund. We stayed here 2 times in 2011 and it was wonderful (didn't have to worry about it being dirty since it was really clean and looked presentable). I even remember having a conversation with the manager Maureen about how they take pride in cleaning and I was impressed in 2011. A lot has changed in 2 years and I will not be going back there! Here are some photos of my stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay there unless they close down for a Month and deep cleanse the rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
23  Thank PrincessB2012
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and attempted to try something different. We usually prefer to go downtown to a well known hotel and enjoy a luxury experience. Seeing that the name includes luxury sweets we decided to give this place a try instead. The room we stayed in was everything but that. We started by being given the wrong key to our room, then once we finally got it fixed we walked into a room that had a whole in the wall, unclean floor, brown mold/mildew on the bottom of the bathroom door, crumbs left in couch from previous guest, and a bed that was very uncomfortable. So instead of us enjoying our hotel room we ended up checking out that same night, and then we had to wait until morning to speak with someone about a refund. The manager made lots of excuses as to why the room was in that condition, and even hinted to us "messing up the bed" and "drinking the champagne" We only sat on the bed to discuss if we should leave or try to make the best of the situation. After attempting to enjoy our anniversary we opened the champagne and took one sip and did not like the taste. We finally decided that staying in our home would be better than forcing ourselves to be comfortable with this unfortunate situation. The manager did process a full refund which was appreciated, but I would not recommend someone to use this place if they want a true luxury experience..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jackie S
theclmangt, Manager at Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi Jackie, thank you for expressing your concerns about your stay. We do take this matter very seriously and these issues have been addressed immediately following your stay. Unfortunately we did have some water damage due to a broken pipe in that steam shower, which is very destructive as you can see.

We were happy to issue you a full refund due to the condition of your suite in hopes that you will return and allow us to make your next visit a beautiful one.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Champagne Lodge this past weekend for an overnight romantic getaway. The room was just okay. We loved the size of the whirlpool, we had the Executive Suite. As others have mentioned the ambiance is not romantic, but rather gives you more of a corporate feel. We were able to add romance to the room with candles. I definitely prefer the Sybaris over the Champagne Lodge. The Sybaris has a warmer feel, which could be due to the carpeting and room decorations. We have stayed in every suite at the Sybaris, with the exception of the Chalet, and hands down it is better than the Champagne Lodge. Even the Sybaris whirlpool suite is better, which is what would be equivalent to what we had at the Champagne Lodge. I used a Groupon, so I am satisfied with the value I paid based on what we got, but it is not a romantic place in my opinion. The lodge faces a major expressway, if you stay here ask for a room in the back of the property. We had room 104, which was on the front side and we both slept horribly due to the traffic on the expressway. The trucks cause a vibration on the door, this was the worst part of our stay. Again, I did not complain b/c we used a Groupon and we were pretty much up all night anyway, but if I would have paid full price for this room, I would have been very disappointed. Lastly, there were long strands of hair around the perimeter of the whirlpool, the cleaning staff could do a better job. Overall, I was not impressed and will more than likely not return even if there is another Groupon offer.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of the property, the front face a major expressway and the noise is very disruptive .
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy8012
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We reserved a suite for our 10th anniversary through Groupon and added an additional night. Unfortunately the room was very disappointing. It smelled of mildew (had to close the shower door at night and leave the fan on to help the smell). Only 2 jets in the jacuzzi tub worked. There are no windows in the rooms so ventilation is very poor. I had a headache within the first day there. The mini freezer portion of the fridge was completely iced over and mostly broken off.
We had really hoped for a good time but this is definitely not the place... Will not be recommending to family or friends.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Minneroos
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My boyfriend and I took a cross country road trip from Pennsylvania and this was our first stop - i.e. Chicago. We didn't want to stay directly in the city because we had to get plenty of sleep to continue on the road the next day. Somehow he found this place and it was an awesome place to get our trip started! It is just a few minute drive into the city and in a very peaceful area. The location is a bit strange since you drive through what seems to be a neighborhood but they have marked signs that clearly direct you where to go. The room was huge and was very clean. We loved the bed and how soft it was. The bathtub/Jacuzzi was MASSIVE - we made it our own little hot tub after walking all around Chicago. The shower was also huge and was wonderful. I have nothing but praise for this hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple