“Amazing Anniversary!!!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Amazing Anniversary!!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent, excellent, excellent! We had the executive swim and spa suite and it was worth every penny! If your looking to get away from all the craziness and kids this is it! Will definitely be back, and the mall is just down the road! Rooms were very clean, bed was comfy, and bar was stocked, the two sided fire place and romantic lights were perfect! Staff was great too!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying this place was a anniversary saver and it was only by chance of a last minute cancelation that we were able to stay here and we're truly great full. We had booked a 2 night stay at another location and had decided to check out after Waking up the next Morning due to sanitary reasons. We were now stuck in Orland Park no where to go so I Googled and found this place, i called and they told me they had one room open due to a last minute cancelation we asked if we could see the room first and they kindly obliged after we had explained our situation. The lady at the front desk gave us directions there to come see the room that they had available. We walked in and were blown away by the difference from the last place. The room was beyond our expectations. The first thing we noticed was the room smelled fresh and clean. We walked around it about a minute and decided this is where we were going to stay after my husband sat on the bed to make sure it wasn't hard like the other place was we walked to the front and said we would take it..... it was around 2 PM and they even let us check in since the room was already cleaned. Needless to say the rest of our stay was as amazing as expected. Definitely an anniversary to remember. All of the staff was friendly and we will most definitely be returning. Have to book ahead because rooms fill fast! Have a great business...... keep up the good work and thank you times 1000000000 :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Loved this out of the way oasis! We stayed in the Swim & Spa Suite. It was very nicely appointed and very spacious. The staff was helpful & friendly. Had a massage and it was nice but felt a bit rushed. The rooms have satellite radio with full-suite surround sound which we loved. You can easily use your own iPod or MP3 player with the system. The only problem was the signal was weak in our room so that would interrupt the xm radio occasionally. Also the cable & internet signal was weak. All channels were somewhat snowy on the TV. We brought our own roku to stream Netflix but the internet signal wasn't strong enough to stream without problems. This really didn't bother us that much and it did have a blu-ray player. The room has a very nice kitchenette with a fully stocked mini bar that was VERY reasonably priced. They also offered many wines & liquors by the bottle at prices similar to a regular store. The hotel is out of the way so you have to drive to everything. Considering this I would have loved to have a room service option instead of just the local food delivery services. We went out for our meals which was fine for us. If you are not from IL, be aware that there are many toll roads in this area so bring money for that if you plan to venture around or head to the city. Overall it was a wonderful stay & we hope to return in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2014

First off, the location is on a frontage road of a major highway. The room rates are high for what you get in return. They add a membership fee for some unknown reason. There are plenty of hotels downtown which are cheaper and have friendlier staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kilosix
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here Valentines Day 2014 in suite II. I was able to pay for a early check in & even though I got there late ..lol I still had no problems checking in. The folks at the front desk were nice. Fast & friendly check in & check out. They do have room service!! It was fast! I paid for rose petals scattered across the room. That was done. My BF walked in 1st and was simply amazed. Not only did they have the rose petals scattered all over the bed and floor. There was a cute lil teddy bear in the middle of the bed w/a balloon tied to it and chocolates. There was also some sort of complimentary wine in the fridge w/some cute little plastic wine glasses which were chilled. Complimentary breakfast!! THE ROOM WAS CLEAN. The bathroom was spotless. The tub was spotless. The steam room is great, also spotless. The pictures don't really do the steam room justice. The floor is very pretty but U can not tell from most pictures. My only complaint about the room is the BED. While the lights around the bed is great the bed is hard! Really hard! Clean, not comfy. A PLUS- U can adjust the lights around the bed. They have a radio & flat screen w/cable. The bed wasn't a big problem for us, we spent more time in the hot tub than the bed. Hot Tub was huge, more than enough room for even two plus size ppl. It IS in a good location however if U don't follow their instructions it can be hard to find. One BIG problem we had has was we left to grab a bite & had a hard time getting back b/c the GPS does not recognize their address. But overall, great stay would go back!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ms_I_Love2Travel
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The best place to unwind and beat the winter blues. My husband and I wanted a place to come and relax and get away from it all. We found even more!!!! We reconnected with one another and found the best place to just get in tune with each other. Will be back soon!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Luvaya1
Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Like a previous traveler I had a Groupon for this hotel that included a 1 night stay in an executive suite and a bottle of champagne. They did not give us the bottle of champagne upon our arrival and it was not anywhere in our room, so after checking in, taking our bags to our room, turning down the thermostat (the room was extremely hot) I went back to the front desk. The concierge asked me (twice) if I was sure he hadn't given it to me at check in time, I assured him he hadn't, and he gave us a bottle of sparkling wine...no big deal.

The jacuzzi in our room was absolutely huge, but there was a bunch of bubbles and some water that had gathered by the drain. Hoping that the bubbles were from them cleaning the jacuzzi before we got there (and not from someone else's bubble bath), I began to fill it with hot water to get rid of them, but it took forever for the water and bubbles to go down the drain. We had the it open all the way, so the drain must have just been clogged. Deciding to leave the jacuzzi alone, I grabbed the ice bucket to fill it up so we could make some cocktails, but it was already halfway full of water. There was also a Styrofoam cup and few napkins in the trash. The rest of the room looked great...bed made well, mirrors clean, floors spotless. I am not a "complainer" and decided to boo shoo it off and go to dinner.

When we returned the room was back to being blazing hot! We turned down the thermostat again, hoping this time it would get a little cooler. The battle between us and the thermostat lasted all night until we finally just shut it off completely to cool down the room. Even after the temperature dropped it was still hard to sleep because the bed was hard as a rock!

I checked the website and to stay in an executive suite it is normally $229 for a Saturday night. I couldn't help but wonder if the poor housekeeping service was a result of us using the Groupon and not having to pay as much, which of course should be no excuse. I know we should have contacted management right away to express our concerns, or at least spoke up when we checked out. We had spoken to 2 concierges during our stay, neither of them rude, but not overly friendly either. It would have been nice during check out to ask how our stay went. I think by the end of the stay we just wanted to get out of there.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Zaza00000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
WoodSpring Suites Chicago Darien
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge

Been to Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!