“Great room...Horrible staff”

Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
“Great room...Horrible staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I would love to give this boutique hotel 4 out of 5, but would be remissed if I did not mention the rude and unqualified staff. After booking a CONFIRMED 3-day romantic getaway with the birthday package, I was livid to find that a front desk associate changed the reservation arrival date. Rather than bringing the discrepancy to my attention at check in, the manager called me (while we were enjoying lunch on Navy Pier) on the second day, inquiring as to why I hadn't check out. Needless to say, I was mortified! We left our lunch prematurely and drove 40 minutes back the the champagne lodge. I wish I could tell you that she apologized for the error immediately, but instead became very defensive...especially when I presented her with my email confirmation. The manager eventually apologized and we were comped the day. Let me just say, having managed hotels, and traveled extensively, I would gladly pass on the free hotel night, in exchange for good service! The room, by the way, was exquisite. We selected the Executive King Suite and were delighted to have a steam room and a 186 gallon Jacuzzi! Cheers!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank VBliz77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Such a rip off. Late check in and early check out. Save your money and spend it downtown Chicago where people actually care, where your money spent with them matters, and if you have a complaint they do whatever they have to make stay more pleasurable because they want you to come back. I tried this place because it looked nice even after a friend advised me they had an awful stay. Never again!

Stayed September 2013
7 Thank De Shawn V
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I went here for our anniversary weekend. I had heard of people having trouble finding the hotel, however my husband and I had no trouble at all using our navigation. We signed in to the hotel and they had a little store of sorts inside to purchase wine and things of that nature. We stayed in the pool and suite and it was prefect for us. We were able to relax and not feel cramped because the space was pretty big. I would definitely considering paying a little more to stay in this suite versus the others.

2 Thank Pookswife
Joliet, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

For the most part, this place was clean, but the rooms were small. The pictures on the website make it seem much bigger. The reason we got the executive suite was for the whirlpool size and we found out that didn't work on our 2nd night. We immediately brought this to management's attention, but we were not offered any compensation. I am very disappointed that we were not offered another room or a discount on our stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kim L
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed on Saturday May 24th, Staff was friendly, but I was expecting a much nicer room. It was clean, but small. Our steam shower didn't work and the bed was hard. Overall I wouldn't stay here again unless they upgraded their beds, I didn't get much sleep and I wasn't a huge fan of not having any outside light. I did like the location, a bit off the well beaten path. I wish there would have been chairs or something outside our room, the weather was so nice I would have liked to sit and enjoy it.

6 Thank SouthernBell_13
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I just left the Champagne Lodge with my boyfriend. We celebrated his birthday with a long weekend in the swim and spa suite. It was amazing! The room had everything we needed to enjoy the weekend. When we arrived, the room was romantically lit with soft music playing. There was a complimentary bottle of wine (malbec) along with the birthday cake I ordered waiting for us. The music could be heard throughout the entire suite including the pool area and could be turned on and off in different areas at your liking. The temperature of the pool was warm and the steam/shower area was comfortable as well. The fireplace made the night even more romantic. The birthday cake was delicious and more than enough for two people. I packed some of my boyfriends favorite snacks so the refrigerator and microwave came in handy. The front desk had paper plates and plasticware available all we had to do was ask. There is also a wet bar with juices, sodas and alcohol in the room so you don't have to venture to the lobby if you don't want to. The room is sound proof for the most part. We minimally heard our neighbor's music but that was it. Also be forewarned, there are no windows in the room, so it threw me off a bit with regards to time, but I'm not complaining it was peaceful. The location of the Lodge is off the beaten path. It's a very unassuming residential area. It's very beautiful and quiet. We did not drive to the Lodge, but opted to have a car drop us off and pick us up. The front desk staff gave us the number to a taxi and we utilized the taxi service to get around. The taxi service was nice but I would recommend driving. The ride to Oakbrook costed about thirty dollars one way and we had issues with drivers not knowing how to get to and from the Lodge. Everyone that worked at the Lodge was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed talking to each person in the morning when I went to grab coffee and a bagel (part of the complimentary continental breakfast). The weekend was beautifully romantic and relaxing. If you are looking to reconnect or just get some time in with your significant other, this is the place to go! I will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Swim and Spa suite and I don't think you can go wrong with these rooms. All ro...