“NOT AT ALL WHAT WE EXPECTED - TERRIBLE” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites

Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Tinley Park, Illinois
“NOT AT ALL WHAT WE EXPECTED - TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

We've been to the Sybaris and Essence Suites several times before. We thought that since it was New Years Eve, we'd try a new place and since Champagne was in the name, what better place to try? For some reason, they seem to think their rooms are more "classier" than that of Sybaris or Essence. Let's face it - people do not rent rooms at establishments like yours to listen to chamber music and play chess... they come for romance, intimacy, to rekindle relationships... not sure why when we asked the front desk as to why there are no adult movies available, not even for rent, they had somewhat of an attitude as if the request was unheard of. Are you kidding? Do your staff realize where they work? I paid twice as much to stay at your cramped room facility than I would have at the Essence and when paying your rate at the Sybaris, we were also swimming in our own private swimming pool inside our room. The Champagne Lodge & "Luxury" Suites was NOT even close to what we'd hoped for and definitely NOT somewhere we will be returning to. I wish I'd bought the $25 annual members vs. the $55 gold membership now that I we've decided not to return to the The Champagne Lodge in the future. Totally unhappy with the service and amenities, especially for the high price compared to other establishments that are NO less "charming" than your so-called suites. My bathroom at home is bigger than your standard suite. I've already told others to hold off booking if they're thinking of it. A total waste of time and money. Another tip, your website leaves much to be desired. Why have a "live chat" option when there is a, "Sorry, no live chat available now." message displayed EVERY TIME I log onto your site? Just logged in, its' still there. I could not view or modify my reservation online, I could only cancel online. When I called your location with questions, I was given MAJOR attitude and your staff was less than knowledgeable regarding your suites and offerings. We found signs all over the room saying, "Only add $15 per hour for late check-out. Just call our front desk." We called your front desk. We were told we could not extend our stay. Who runs the show there anyway? Terrible business. Terrible service. Total misrepresentation.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank TwinBritts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2010

First off me and my lady of 8years went here for our 8th year anniversary .we loved it.called and reserved a hour before check in and got best room for lower price than the cheapest priced suite.then staff was very helpful,the room was perfect and clean and had my lady smiling all evening.it was like we were the only people in the entire place bcuz we never heard anyone in other suites or even seen anyone,it was soooo quite.can't wait to go back next week.days b4 NYE 2011

• Stayed October 2010
Roselle, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

My new husband and I stayed here and were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable this place was. We enjoyed our stay here very much, loved the hot tub, the lighting, the fireplace, the rain shower in the shower (amazing feature). We highly recommend this place to anyone. To prevent people from smoking in the room, there is a fine that will be imposed of $250 if someone decides to smoke in their room. This is a wonderful feature for non-smokers like us who are allergic to cigarette smoke.
We will be recommending this place to our friends for years to come.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Robinson, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

Pros: My wife and i stayed here for our 1 year anniversary when we were in Chicago. Our room was absolutely beautiful! HUGE jacuzzi tub, BIG sauna/shower, KING bed, 42" Screen etc etc. The room was immaculate.

Cons: We purchased the anniversary package which was supposed to be set up when we got there but was not.-Set up the package the next night. They charged us for one night more than what we were actually staying.-Refunded

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

Very overpriced...you must become a member to stay at this hotel and it cost an extra $30! Its an outrage. The rooms are tiny,the beds are extremely hard, no room service, and the hot tub jets don't even work! Its a bad Sybaris knockoff, as if someone would want to copy that! Don't get the so called business room...its only adds a desk! Trust me...there is no business being handeled there! I could go on for hours. I was extremely disappointed. A few positives, the room was clean, staff friendly, and the shower was amazing. Other than that, complete let down. Go elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mstravel77
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

We had read up on this lodge before making the reservation and the only negative we read about was that the beds were hard. We were fine and felt very comfortable in the bed - I guess it depends on how firm a mattress you like. The only negative we had at all was that we had problems with internet connectivity (took forever), tv connection and never did find the fireplace controls. I would definitely go again and spend more time there relaxing rather than sightseeing in Chicago.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago Metro Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Champagne Lodge and had an excellent experience. The rooms are very clean and very private and the hotel offers a great chance for a romantic getaway for a couple. Having no windows (as some have commented) takes some getting used to, but is just fine. The bed is a bit on the firm side, but I have slep on far worse and I believe others have made too much of the firmness. The staff was very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to ensure everything was in good order (clearly they even read the online reviews, as they provided extra information on how to operate the whirlpool given that some reviewers have apparently not turned on the jets properly). Location is very good and close to anything that one would want (dining, shopping, movies, etc.). The value for the money is excellent compared to other options (and I did a fair amount of research). Some minor issues: (1) massages were very well done, but the room was somewhat cool when attendants were entering/leaving; (2) website should be clearer about when massages can be scheduled and whether the couple must book a joint massage or not; (3) tub in premium suite is very large (really, almost too much so) and takes quite a while to fill. These are relatively minor points, however. Overall, a great experience that I would highly recommend to any couple looking for an opportunity to get away from it all for awhile.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
dana hotel and spa
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
#19 of 187 in Chicago
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,301 reviews

Been to Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!