DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very nice hotel; pool. The restaurant is an excellent value with good eating options. The neighborhood does not have many good dining options close by. The room was spacious. The pool large with a hot tub. The landscaping is pleasant. The price point is a good value.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you. We look froward to seeing you again the next time your in Wood Dale.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

They did a nice job with rehabing the hotel and is nice for the price. I stay there a lot and people like Brittney at the front desk, Jose at the bar and David in the restaurant make you feel at home. Workout room is much better but they need to raise the ceiling over the universal machine and they definitely need the same channels you get in your room at the bar as the bar TV coverage is extremely limited. It might be picky but provide some more varieties of bourbons/whiskies. They strive to do a good job and I'll continue staying there even if I have to watch CNN at the bar :)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apprecaite your comments and your business and look forward to seeing you again soon !

Reviewed 22 November 2013

From the hotel website "Fully renovated in October 2013". They must have skipped the room I stayed in. The wallpaper was peeling, there was an awful sewer odor that hit me when I walked in the room, the bathtub was moldy and the beds were extremely soft. If this is fully renovated I would hate to see what it looked like before.

Luckily I only spent 10,000 points to stay here and I only stayed one night. I would have said something, but I arrived late and had to leave early.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us. First of all, thank you for your review. I understand that you found your room to be somewhat dated and in need of an update. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms’ appearance as we did just complete upgrading our guest rooms with wall vinyl, caprpeting and soft seating.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!
Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Great service at the reception desk. Their breakfast buffet was good with a nice selection. Only negatives would be that I like a hotter shower and the grab rail in the shower was loose. I would have liked to have more coffee packs in the room

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will look into the concerns you had with the shower. Thank you for letting us know !!
We hope you will come back and see us again soon !

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed for a night (8th Nov 2013) in this hotel. Overall the experience was very good. Since we are a HHoners Gold member, we got an upgraded room and free breakfast coupons along with freshly baked cookies. It was a nice surprize !!!!! The room was well maintained, speciaous and clean.

I lost one of my golden rings in the room and when I called back to check, I was told no ring had been found in that room. I had followed up later and hotel management told they got wrong room number/depurture date initially and confirmed that they found the ring. Initially I was not happy with the service but later on they co-operated very much. My only complain would be sending the ring through the costliest FEDEX delivery. First of all we were very much harrased during the tennure and secondly due to your wrong information we were pretty much tensed that we lost the ring. I didn't expected that they hotel would charge me the shipping fee after this harrasment. Since you are charging my card for the shipping you could have send it in standard FEDEX service. I could have given the hotel a 4 star but due to this annoyence couldn't able to do so. No hard feelings. Best of luck to the hotel management so that they can work towards better services.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake facing room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you again for the review. We are glad you were reunited with your valuables.
We hope you will stop and see us again!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Newly remodeled Lobby/Restaurant/Bar - great attentive staff. Food is tasty and reasonable price. Drinks are good and priced in line with other hotel bars. Clean rooms, the staff is above average, from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance. All professional and friendly. Eager to please.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business !

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel
Under limited renovation but really well presented. Plenty of parking and a pleasant lobby area.
Free shuttle bus to local businesses.

Rooms
Comfortable, clean and spacious. Some decorating in bathroom required.

Excellent breakfast with a huge range of options and a chef on hand should the buffet not suffice. Decent low priced food in the evening also.

WiFi and TV
Good coverage and excellent speed. Good range of TV channels.

Summary.
Excellent hotel and will stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am glad to hear your stay wioth us was EXCELLENT !!
We look forward to seeing you again soon !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wood Dale
Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!