“Very Comfortable Stay and Value”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Charleston, Illinois
“Very Comfortable Stay and Value”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had a friend from overseas, and the family booked two rooms. The stay was very comfortable. Our overseas friend was impressed by the cleanness of the facility. It is also convenient to send the friend to OHare.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you. I am glad to hear your guests enjoyed their stay with us !!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This particular Doubletree did not live up to the Hilton/Doubletree standard that I am used to. The bathrooms need remodeling. The rooms were partially remodeled as the ceilings were left untouched with stains. The lobby was remodeled but not the ceiling with stains. The pool area walls were peeling and there was gum in the pool and hot tub. Pool area and bathrooms are definitely outdated. This hotel does not have a restaurant. It has a make-shift lobby area for serving breakfast and dinner. A partial remodel is not good enough. I will not return to this location.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. As we are always working to improve our product and service, I do hope that you will include us in your next visit to the Chicagoland area to see firsthand the efforts we are putting into our property. .
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This location has an excellent staff. Any time you stay for 12 days in a hotel, the quality of the people makes all the difference in feeling at home. By the 2nd day, every one of the staff knew that we were "long timers" and treated us very well. Perfect place for a business traveler...locating the business center in a corner of the lobby gave us a central gathering point that also had access to food and drink, which made for some very effective after hours work sessions.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate your time and your business and hope to see you again soon !
Elk Grove Village, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The stay was good and comfortable though there was a light bulb problem in the bathroom that never got replaced and had to deal with only one light bulb only I didn't enjoy the fact that around the bath tub molding was yellow.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please be assured that I will personally address your concerns. I apologize for any inconveniences and hope that you will stay with us again.
Social Circle, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I first stayed here because I was told that the beds were comfortable, I have been returning each time I am in town because of the staff. It feels like coming and seeing old friends. Rooms are perfect, and any need is always met promptly. Thanks and I look forward to my next visit!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you ! We look forward to seeing you again, soon !
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First of all, do NOT listen to any negativity when it comes to this property. It usually stems from one single instance and therefore puts the hotel in a dark light. I stay 140 nights a year at Hilton properties and my only regret is that I LIVE in the Chicagoland area and will not need this hotel as often as I wish I could. It is like an oasis in the middle of the industrial park area and only about fifteen minutes from O'Hare. Two draw backs only: no airport shuttle and secondly, make sure the cab takes a RIGHT turn out of the parking lot to go to O'Hare and NOT the way he took me up to Touhy, etc. I know that means nothing to you but tell the desk people and they will set your cabdriver straight. I would not recommend American Taxi ever. I use only American Coach Limo and the prices are the same. Chuck, the General Manager is simply fantastic and his staff, particularly the housekeeping, front desk, and the waiters are superb. I guess that is everyone. My wife and I used this as a "date night" with me flying into O'Hare late afternoon and out of O'Hare the next morning. She met me there and we will be doing this again real soon. Oh, the food in the restaurant is very good and they even made a special filet mignon salad for my wife. Cudos to Jose and Mion. I THINK that is his name. The pool and hot tub are excellent, as well. Keep up the great work and we hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: Third floor back in a corner.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you're business and hope to see you again soon !
Northfield, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

On the day of our departure my wife and I each had a bag plus we were carrying a cooler between us heading to elevator. One of the cleaning staff came over and insisted she help take the cooler not only to elevator but all the way down to lobby. The staff everywhere was really friendly and helpful. Great stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! It was very kind of you. We look forward to seeing you again soon !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wood Dale
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
Westin Chicago Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!