DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Wood Dale, United States
“Hotel Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My only negative comment is: I was attending a High School Reunion. I personally think all who were registered under our reunion should have been on the same floor & same area (if the reservations permitted) and not scattered throughout the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments. In response to your comment regarding your group being spread out throughout the hotel; while we do try our best to keep all parties of a group together when possible the variables which pose a challenge to us include, room type, fulfilling special requests(ie; lower floor vs upper floor...etc) and guests in house who are staying over. All of these things play a part in the blocking of our rooms.
We thank you and your group for staying with us. We hope you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you in house.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great Hotel for girls weekend ,the staff was excellent. We were looking for something to eat and it 9:55pm and the kitchen closes at 10:00pm Mark who tends the bar and the kitchen prepared our choices and the presentation of the food was great as well the meal it's self.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had an early flight out of O'Hara so I decided to spend the night at the Doubletree hotel. It was a nice hotel. They allowed me to check in early which I am grateful. Took a swim in the pool and then took in the Managers Hour and had a couple glasses of wine. They should have these more often than on Tuesdays.

Room Tip: This hotel is right under the flight path of O'Hara so if you are outside then you will hear the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your hotel. It was a pleasure meeting you during our Managers Reception. Please stop in and see us again during your next trip to the windy city! We appreciate your business!
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Almost perfect, from Check in to Check out to everything in between. A very relaxing and comfortable stay. As a Hilton Honors Gold member I enjoy some added perks such as Free WiFi and a complimentary buffet breakfast. Breakfast was very good, everything fresh and tasty. Coffee was hot and delicious. Definitely a notch or two above other complimentary breakfast's that I've received. My room was a King suite with a sofa bed. So basically an embassy suites type room without the cost. Two separate areas separated by the bathroom. Room featured a microwave(awesome) and a refridegerator. Unexpected bonuses. The coffee maker in the room needs some attention and I will let the front desk staff know upon check out. Everything other than the bathrooms are new and modern. Fitness center is adequate for a hotel fitness center. I can't speak to the pool as I didn't use it. Check in staff professional and friendly, Breakfast Buffet staff, likewise. A most enjoyable stay! PS, Doubletree cookies are always the best!

Room Tip: I believe WiFi is not free but as a Hilton Honors Gold Member, my wifi was complimentary. Two compu...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank alaska1996
Thank you ! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for being such a loyal Hilton Honors member. We apprecaite your business.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Staff was very friendly and very accommodating! The room was very clean and very comfortable. I was traveling with my family and needed to find a nice quality hotel room close to the airport; and I found it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Michael L
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the service that was provided. We hope to see you again soon !
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I would definitely come to this hotel again. It was very clean. The staff was friendly and the amenities were just right for this stay. The bed was super comfortable and the room maintained the temperature I liked.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank D216CBdavidb
Thank you! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a hotel that gets a lot of things right: nice clean room (recently updated but not the bath area), good service, helpful in restaurant, reasonable price.

My one disappointment was the pool. I picked this hotel to stay in because the pool is longer than those in most hotels of this price bracket and I like to swim after lots of flights. However, the water was so cloudy you couldn't see more than 1 foot in front of you which makes you wonder whether the filter is any good. When I asked at the main desk about this they said they just add more chemicals at the weekends and that was why - not an answer I found satisfactory because the pool was hardly used by anyone, I don't like the idea of swimming in more chemicals and there was no acknowledgement of the fact that a good pool has clear water, not cloudy.

Being near the hotel, it's on the flight path for the airport but the noise wasn't a bother. I hope they sort the pool out because I'd love to stay here again but won't because there are other equivalent hotels nearby with pool systems that work.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank recycleJ
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your comments. Please know that our pool is in tip top shape and we do hope that you will come back and visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wood Dale
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson,...
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!