DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village(Elk Grove Village)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Chicago - Elk Grove(Elk Grove Village)
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesdouble treeclose to the airportnice hotelroad constructiono'hare airportbusiness parkfitness roomfront desk staffhot tubbreakfast buffetup to dateenjoyed my staybusiness tripnice staybed was very comfortableindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I book travel for my business through hotwire or priceline to chicago about 15-20 days a year. This was a personal vacation trip. Booked through Hotwire, i was made to feel like a second class citizen. Internet $10 per day?? wow. I brought my laptop to the lobby, where internet is free, logged in and carried my laptop,open back to my room I was good for 24 hours.
The waiter asked if i had a breakfast coupon. I said no, and asked at the front desk for one. I was told in a teasing voice, "Ha Ha, you dont get one, because you booked through hotwire." (Ok,, so exagerated the HA HA) $10 for a cold breakfast, which most hotels call a free continental breakfast, and $13 for an egg with it.
The thermostat did not work in the room. It got colder, by itself. I set it for 70, an hour later it read 68, then 66. They tried to fix it, but in the 3 days i was there, could not fix it, nor switch rooms, because we booked on Hotwire and certain rooms are hotwire!!
I am sure hotwire does not book only the broken rooms, but they could not switch us??

Les

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank challes
Reviewed 11 July 2010

This is obviously an older hotel but since its transition to Doubletree it's obvious that upgrades have been made but some remain.

Check in was fast and friendly. The lobby area was clean. The restaurant and lounge are right there when you walk in the door.

The hallways had older but clean carpeting, updated lighting although the faint smell of old smoke combined with lots of air freshener was unmistakable.

The room was pretty nice with newer carpeting, a flat screen tv and a comfortable bed. The bathroom showed the age of the property but wasn't horrible. The tub was quite old with a couple sloppy patched areas. There was a tiny bit of mold and mildew in the grout. Water pressure was very good and hot water plentiful.

I didn't get a chance to use the pool and hot tub area but did a walk through and it looked inviting.

Chose to use my VZ card as the high speed internet at this Doubletree is $10 or $12 per day.

Not the newest or nicest hotel in the world but it did make for a comfortable night with friendly staff so i can recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Cons:
Does not live up to Hilton family
Wrong charges to credit card
Rude front desk
No manager on weekends
Horrible bathroom
Not close to downtown

Pros:
Looks good from outside
Has a pond attached

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2009

A great value and good service. Friendly staff, nice lobby, great fitness room, whirlpool was very warm for a hotel hot tub and it is large. Pool was clean and reasonable size. Room was very large and had flat screen TV. There was some dust buildup on the carpet next to the walls which tells me housekeeping could be more through. Bed was very comfortable. Wireless Internet was flawless. Restaurant was part of the lobby similar to Courtyards. I eat breakfast in the restaurant and the food was better then average. No free breakfast, paid $11 for a cooked to order breakfast bar. This hotel sits elegantly on its grounds.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2009

We booked over 40 rooms at your hotel and was very pleased with some aspects of the hotel but the most important piece was missing. My son and his bride were to have champagne and strawberries placed in their room upon arrival after the reception Saturday and you can imagine my surprise the next day when they told me it wasn't there. What a huge disappointment. That was something that could not be repeated. It was such a wonderful expectation so you could imagine when there was no follow through. . . As well as I booked a lot of rooms through my hilton honors points and the breakfast cards were all messed up. Some of my guests were told they can have only continental breakfast while others were told they could get the full breakfast. Some were told that 2 people were to be on one ticket while others said they needed a coupon for each guest. What?? That even confused me. Obviously there was a lack of communication. I was embarrassed and once again disapppointed with the entire situation. I spent a lot of points at your hotel to have this happen. I am not happy!

• Stayed: June 2009