“Horrific”
Review of Super 8 Woodstock

Super 8 Woodstock
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a few weeks. My hotel room was ok at first but later noticed my blanket had burn holes in it my sheets had stains and as well as my pillows. The staff was unpleasant- not all of them. But few in particular who yelled about everything. I watched one man scream at a lady about her accidentally dropping her ice. I mean cussing her out telling her to leave. It was early morning and the lady was just trying to clean it up. I have no respect for people who swear and attack women. I spoke up and ended up being kicked out myself. Will never go back!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Tolerence

Reviewed 4 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Still a great place to stay. Very friendly staff. Nice rooms. Even after the recent snow, they had the parking lot cleared off the night of the snow. Recommended to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The parking lot here was horrible! I nearly fell each time I moved. Granted the whole place was snowy, but this parking lot was worse than walmart and all the other places. I told them they needed to salt, but they said they sprinkled....ah huh, not! I went to other hotel driveways and they were fine to walk in, cause they actually cared about their customers.
Also, the rooms were what I expected, gross and dirty, the one wall looked like someone put some sort of bodily function on it...won't say cause it was too gross to say, but it was white...and sticky and only knew it was sticky cause I accidentally ran into it. Also, the blankets looked like they weren't washed, and the pillows were flat. Had to roll a pillow just for comfort. The shower was ok. The one employee working the breakfast area in the morning, looked as if it was a nuisance to ask for a plate since they were out of them on the counter. They were very rude, there was one friendly face and that was when I checked in and out. Other wise it was nothing but rude attitudes...this place would be fine in the summer time or when there is no ice or snow, and if you are on a tight budget and don't care about cleanliness.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angel H
Reviewed 24 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Arrived on night of Wednesday 11/26/13. The night clerk was very gracious. The first room (118) didn't get all the TV channels, so he moved across the hall (119) and all was fine. Next morning a new clerk was very rude when I inquired about our reservations over the next 3 days. He couldn't find them and informed us we didn't have reservations. My wife said she had the printed reservations in the room. He very sarcastically told her to go get them. He then found our reservations. The breakfast was rather limited. No bagels, peanut butter etc. Next time we will try the Quality Inn across the street and hopefully the desk clerks and breakfast will be better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DannyC-GM, General Manager at Super 8 Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

We thank you for spending your time and writing us a feedback. We try to improve our breakfast, but bagel is not in the super 8 franchise menu . We hope you enjoyed your with us. We hope to see you in future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The first clerk who checked us in was indifferent but tolerable.
The room was bland, the carpet was absolutely filthy and full of stains. The furniture was scuffed and tatty. Only two pillows on a queen sized bed. The bathroom was OK.

When I went down to fetch something from the vehicle in the morning and greeted the morning desk clerk, my greeting was ignored and not acknowledged. What a great start to the day!

The breakfast area is very small with only two tables and the "breakfast" itself was totally uninspiring. The staff paid no attention at all to the breakfast supplies during the time we were down there. I had to ask him to refill the cereal containers. This was done without comment and while he was having a discussion with someone on his cellphone earpiece. There was only one slice of bread in the container and this was never checked on or replenished.

Of the many previous comments in the reviews on this hotel, the management repeatedly apologies for the hotel's shortcomings, particularly on rude and indifferent staff, but it doesn't seem as though he done anything about it, as the staff are STILL just as useless as ever!
Actions speak louder than words.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeDallas_TX

We are glad that you spend your time for writing us a review. Super 8 is under renovation so we well try to keep everything clean. We are extremely sorry for the breakfast. We will see that staff member never commit the same mistake.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Comfort Inn
Best Western Woodstock Inn
Super 8 Crystal Lake
Super 8 Crystal Lake
#4 of 4 in Crystal Lake

Been to Super 8 Woodstock? Share your experiences!