“You get what you pay for”

Quality Inn Woodstock
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've always have good experiences at Quality Inns in the past. The overnight rate was pretty good, so I thought that I would give it a show. You can tell that they bought the hotel from a previous chain and rebranded. I was disappointed to learn at sign in that there was no elevator. When I get up to the second floor where my room was, the smell I smelled upon entering the floor can best be described as crayons? A bit odd, but it immediately gave me the perception of a musty smell. The room I was given I was told by the receptionist (who really didn't seem to enjoy being there), that the electronic key had to be used a special way to enter, You have to swipe it 3 times very quickly. It worked the first time, but when I cam back from dinner, it didn't want to register. I was wondering what was so special about this room that I had to get the one with the special key. The room overall wasn't too bad, the bed was very comfortable (pillow top style, and I slept very well on it). The breakfast was typical bagels/waffle maker/cereal and fine. I wouldn't say that the experience was horrible, but I cancelled my following days and stayed down the street at the Best Western for the remainder of my stay (it was worth the extra $8 a night).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike M
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Woodstock

Reviewed 27 July 2014

First impression was a manual door entry with a smelly foyer, no elevator and a smelly stairwell. Not good if your traveling with luggage or have challenges with stairs. Issues with a temperamental key card entry caused a slight delay and left us standing in the hallway while the front desk clerk ran the stairs a few times. The room was decent with new bedding that was comfortable, newer outer window dressings but the blackout curtains and sheers were in disrepair. Some of the furniture seemed newer but the carpet was disgusting and there was a lot of hair that wasn't ours in the bathroom and on our towels. It seemed like they were on the right track with renovations but choose to do it piece by piece instead of room by room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at the Quality Inn Woodstock on Saturday, February 1, 2014. We were in town for the Groundhog day celebrations.

Pros:
Indoor pool for the kids. It was dated but they did provide towels, the temperature was warm and there were seats and tables for the adults.

Dining room was open all day so you could go in there and play board games etc.

They opened breakfast at 4:30 a.m. for Groundhog day since everyone had to leave by 6:30 a.m. to get there in time.

They accommodated a late check out so we could stay in town and enjoy the fesitivities.

Cons:
Their parking lot was not completely plowed so there were not enough parking spaces for their sold out weekend. I know there is a lot of snow but you should tell your plow driver not to pile snow in parking spots because they literally ran out of places for us to park.

I don't believe this hotel gets a lot of business. Our room was clean but the rust stains in the toilet plus the rust sediment that had collected in the bottom of the bowl could have been taken care of by a recent cleaning. I think the room hadn't been cleaned since the last guest which may have been months.

Our friends who stayed in a different room found mouse poop both on the box spring and when they pulled back their covers, in the middle of the bed. Management was nice and moved them to a vacant two room suite with no additional charge. Again, I think this was a result of cleaning the room months before and then not checking them before a sold out weekend.

Security concerns: The exterior doors to the parking lot (not the main doors but those located at the bottom of the stairs on the far end of the building) were taped open. We pulled the tape off but the doors still didn't latch. This is a huge concern because it means anyone can get into the building at any time. Management should really be checking this regularly and if they were the ones who taped the doors open, shame on them.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool ask for a room close by. There are no elevators so if you can't cli...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jacmonster
WoodstockQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Jacmonster,

Thank you for all your feedback from this past weekends special Groundhog's Day festivities. The town of Woodstock and all its businesses really appreciate all patrons that came to celebrate this special occasion. We will take your input and implement them heading into the future. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Traveling on business and needed a hotel close to Crystal Lakes. Checked TA and selected this Quality Inn in Woodstock because of the good reviews. I was scheduled to stay 5 days, but due to bad weather I chose to arrive a day early. This was no problem for the staff and they quickly found a room of my preference I could keep for the week.
Check-in was quick and efficient and I was soon kicking off my cold wet shoes and starting to unwind from a 2 day 1000 mile trip from Boston. Soon I was off to the heated indoor pool to complete the process of unwinding. The off for a comfortable nights sleep. During the week, I had a lot of questions about the area and the staff was always helpful, especially when it came to locating the best restaurants. On Friday my last day, check-out was also quick and efficient. In all, this Quality Inn is very well maintained, spotless clean and very comfortable and accommodating. I just wanted to add I did not eat the complementary breakfast. I did pop my head in several morning and it really looked great. But each night I would go out for dinner and bring back to my room a dogie bag of Chicago Pizza, Pasta, Rib Eye Steak that I would place in the in-room refrigerator and later warm up in the microwave. So by breakfast, I was always too full to eat any anything else.
On a special note; the day I left there was an ice storm and the parking lot was an ice rink. No way i was able to walk to my car. I was very pleased when the desk clerk offered to help. She got a bag of rock salt and put down a 3' wide path all the way from the front door to my car. You can always tell a GREAT Hotel and Staff by the special accommodations that are offered. Thank you Breddy. I really appreciate your help that morning.

Room Tip: If you need a special room, just ask. The staff is very accommodating and will meet or exceed your e...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ken,

Thank you for this outstanding review of our hotel and our staff. I am glad our staff was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you once again and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was our first stay at the Quality Inn in Woodstock. We were very happy with this Inn. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was far more than we expected. We will definitely stay there again when in that area.

Room Tip: To find good eating one would have to go downtown which is not far from the Inn.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
WoodstockQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I'm very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. I'm also glad you enjoyed eating our complimentary breakfast. Our staff does a great job making sure sure that every guest is happy. We definitely hope to see you again if your ever in the area again. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

As long as you go into it realizing that this is more of a budget hotel, you can appreciate this property. We only spent one night here, and aside from a couple of laughable maintenance issues, we were pleased. If we weren't only staying one night, we may have taken the time to report them, but the room was clean, as well as the other areas of the property, and we were pleased for the price we paid. If you are looking for a decent, yet reasonably priced, property to lay your head for a few nights, I don't think you could go wrong.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
WoodstockQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and hope that you stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Had a good experience at the Quality inn in Woodstock. Beds were comfy and the pool was great for the kids. The staff was helpful as we were in town for a funeral and they were great with making sure some of our family were in rooms near each other.

Room Tip: UPstairs in quieter but it is cold coming up from the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
WoodstockQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Virginia,

I am very pleased to hear that you and family had a great time at our hotel. I'm glad to see that your kids loved our pool. My staff is the best and we appreciate your patronage. I hope to see you and your family the next time you are in the area. Thanks once again and take care.

Jatin Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Super 8 Woodstock
#2 of 4 in Crystal Lake
Super 8 Hampshire IL
Super 8 Hampshire IL
#1 of 1 in Hampshire

Been to Quality Inn Woodstock? Share your experiences!