“Great Staff and Service”

The Inn at Market Square
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Zion
Melrose, Massachusetts
“Great Staff and Service”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and extended family stayed here and the service was outstanding. The staff was so pleasant and patient. There are nice spaces for kids to hang out and play games and use the computers and the staff even set up a movie for the kids to watch in the conference room. There is a nice outdoor seating area with fire pits to sit around. Zion is a quaint town with lots of choices for breakfast including a cute shop adjacent to the lobby. The lake is close by too. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Very nice lobby with rocking chairs and couches. For the price you can't stay in a nicer place.

Room Tip: I like the street side with the balcony looking our on the town.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melrose375
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
How wonderful that we were able to make your stay here in the beautiful City of Zion a memorable one! Thank you for taking the time to let us know that The Inn offered a quiet retreat for your family and the entire team will smile knowing our movie night for the kids was enjoyed. We hope to see you again soon and know that we work every day to live up to our mission: Every guest. Every time. Excellence. Thank you for choosing Market Square and come again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Spencer, Indiana
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here a couple days and we found it to be clean and comfortable with nice amenities. I liked the small balcony overlooking the main drag through Zion. Road noise was not a problem on our 2nd floor room. The place was actually pretty quiet and relaxing--a good "home base" for our activities. It's somewhat pricy but there is really not any competition on this level in the immediate area. I've noted a lot of reviews from CTCA utilizers which is probably a big reason for this hotel's success. Breakfast offering is kind of quirky--using vouchers for specific food items at local eateries--one connected to the hotel. Don't waste your time looking for complementary coffee inside the hotel--make in room or go out to get it. There was little attention at the hotel to local goings on or points of interest. We came up to attend the Bristol Renaissance Fair a short distance away in Wisconsin--attended by thousands every year. We also enjoyed Illinois Beach State Park and a restaurant called the Tropics located at the local marina.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen W
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for much for your comments on the accommodations here since our team really does try to create a home away from home feel. For breakfast, we had two goals; first,, to support our local community by giving our guests the option to visit a variety of area cafes on us; and second. to offer a unique alternative to the typical hotel fare of a waffle maker and cereal bar. Quirky is an excellent description and we hope it made your stay a bit more memorable. We do plan on expanding our dining options in the next few months and hope to make some of the choices a bit more convenient and truly value your insight.

We also appreciate the concern that you were not given more information about the wide variety of activities here in the area, especially during the summer season. With Six Flags, the Marina, Illinois Beach State Park, Ravinia, Genesee Theater, Kingfish Baseball and, of course, the Bristol Renaissance Faire that you enjoyed. In Zion, there is something for everyone! We will strive to do a better job of sharing these exciting options and can't thank you enough for letting us know it would be helpful. We thank you for your time here with us and hope to see you again soon.
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A few months ago, I received the most fantastic service from Jenni – Housekeeping
Manager (?). When I was at the CTCA a couple months ago I left a few articles of clothing, including one of my favorite shirts, some under garments, and thorlos hiking socks; easy to replace but here’s what Jenni did: she gathered up all those cloths, found out who stayed in the room and labelled the bag with my name. She then found out when I was returning to the hospital and put that date on the bag as well. THEN, when I called about it she brought the bag to me at my room!!! They had been washed too!!!

The Managing Director, Delaine Rogers, also came to unlock my room when the door lock
vibrated closed so I couldn't open the door.

Overall, this hotel would get 3 - 4 stars in my book and I will always stay here when I go to
the CTCA in Zion for my follow-ups.

Room Tip: Ask for the small suite, it has a full kitchen & large refrigerator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank BRUCE_DAVIS
MarketHost, Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Jerri will be so happy to know her efforts made such an impression! She genuinely does take pride in helping get lost items back to their proper home and does remarkably fine work. With your blessing, I will share your note because she and the team know how much one person can make a difference simply by caring. We really do mean it when we say - Every Guest, Every Time, Excellence. Thank you for letting us know we're on track and always striving to be better! Hope we see you again very soon....wearing your clean socks and a smile :)
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice newer facility only to be surpassed a staff with a great attitude. Only there one night, but the entire experience was exceptional. There is a small restaurant, a work out room and ample seating outside for having a drink or simply visiting friends. Zion appears to be an old town, trying hard and possibly making a come back. It's only about 12 minutes off I-94.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for expressing your appreciation for the team's efforts here at The Inn of Market Square! I will be sharing your kind words with everyone in our next team meeting to thank them for doing their part to exceed your expectations. This is a very special place that we are honored to be part of and share with our guests. Thank you for letting us know it showed! Please let us know if you are returning the area so we can properly welcome you back to the beautiful City of Zion.
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is one of the best places I've ever stayed, the staff makes you feel like you're home.Great place, great atmosphere. Can't wait till the next time I'm looking forward return there. The employee are very courageous and always have a smile on their faces m

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ladyloversb47
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for such an honor, that our efforts have truly made you feel welcome and appreciated. Our mission is every guest, every time, excellence...your kind words will let our staff know such a goal is possible and on their behalf please accept our gratitude. We look forward to being your home away from home again soon!
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Dear Friends of Zion:

The Market Inn has been nothing if not consistent in service, attitude, and friendliness. The beds are great. I never get to do much when I go to Zion because I love staying in the room.

You will not be disappointed if you stay here. I have never submitted a bogus review and I'm not going to start now. Credibility is everything and I'm telling you that this is the place to stay for me...and I am very picky.

By the way, they have a family resteraunt next store (N & T's, 2711 Sheridan Rd, Zion, IL 60099, 847.872.7979...see photo) that has an amazing array of american fare and other exotic choices. They even have a banging Tum Yum soup. Make sure you ask them not to use coconut milk if you prefer the natural broth of Tum Yum (Chicken). It is extremely tasty and the prices are perfect.

If you have any doubts, give it a shot and they will quickly disappear.

Room Tip: Bring quarters for the laundry. There is a great coffee house across the street...excellent coffee.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brougham1952
Our goal every day is to exceed the expectations of our guests so I want to thank you for taking the time to say those sincere efforts were noticed. We sincerely want to create an environment where our guests need only worry about their personal journey while here in the beautiful City of Zion. Our very best wishes to you and your family till we see you again!
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My Husband & I stayed at this hotel while he under went treatment at CTCA. This Hotel was a wonderful location. We enjoyed having a full size re fridge & kitchenette. This was a relaxing place to be. The activities & bar were a real bonus. We would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who comes to stay in Zion!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MARYELLEN1424
What a joy to hear our rooms provided all the amenities to make your stay a memorable one. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your thoughtful words and I will let them know their effort to serve every guest, every day, with excellence is an worthwhile and appreciated goal. May your visits to Zion bring you restored health and know that Market Square is honored to be a small part of your incredible journey, Please let us know if you still need the kitchen suite in the future so we can do our best to make one aavailable in time for your return, Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zion
The Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha

Been to The Inn at Market Square? Share your experiences!