“Very good hotel in downtown Zion”

The Inn at Market Square
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Zion
Reviewed 29 August 2014

No complaints. Clean and bright common areas. My room was clean, and well-serviced. Front desk is very friendly. Morning breakfast is via arrangement with either a nearby bakery or diner. Decent workout room. This hotel has an arrangement with the nearby Cancer Treatment Centers of America, and many of the guests are family members who are in town to support patients who are being treated. So there is a real tie-in with the CTCA. I got a nice surprise: my room rate dropped from $139.00 (quoted by TINGO, Trip Advisor's "Expedia") to $104.00/night---actual rate from the hotel. They do have discounts for CTCA guests----which has to be coordinated via the CTCA's travel desk.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

We are so very pleased that you found our hotel a nice surprise in so many ways. We genuinely strive to exceed out guests' expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words and I will be certain to let our team members enjoy them as well. Always a joy to know our guests find us a pleasant memory along their journey.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel as my husbands brother got married over the August 15th weekend. What a fine estabishment! Everything was perfect! Customer service, food at the Cafe and the hot tub which is open 24/7! We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for the back side of hotel as alot of traffic on the front side.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathymoa
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

It was a joy to celebrate such a beautiful wedding with you and your family! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience as we truly believe in our mission - Every guest. Every time. Excellence.
Please give our best to the newlyweds and do visit again soon! Thank you.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and extended family stayed here and the service was outstanding. The staff was so pleasant and patient. There are nice spaces for kids to hang out and play games and use the computers and the staff even set up a movie for the kids to watch in the conference room. There is a nice outdoor seating area with fire pits to sit around. Zion is a quaint town with lots of choices for breakfast including a cute shop adjacent to the lobby. The lake is close by too. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Very nice lobby with rocking chairs and couches. For the price you can't stay in a nicer place.

Room Tip: I like the street side with the balcony looking our on the town.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melrose375
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

How wonderful that we were able to make your stay here in the beautiful City of Zion a memorable one! Thank you for taking the time to let us know that The Inn offered a quiet retreat for your family and the entire team will smile knowing our movie night for the kids was enjoyed. We hope to see you again soon and know that we work every day to live up to our mission: Every guest. Every time. Excellence. Thank you for choosing Market Square and come again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here a couple days and we found it to be clean and comfortable with nice amenities. I liked the small balcony overlooking the main drag through Zion. Road noise was not a problem on our 2nd floor room. The place was actually pretty quiet and relaxing--a good "home base" for our activities. It's somewhat pricy but there is really not any competition on this level in the immediate area. I've noted a lot of reviews from CTCA utilizers which is probably a big reason for this hotel's success. Breakfast offering is kind of quirky--using vouchers for specific food items at local eateries--one connected to the hotel. Don't waste your time looking for complementary coffee inside the hotel--make in room or go out to get it. There was little attention at the hotel to local goings on or points of interest. We came up to attend the Bristol Renaissance Fair a short distance away in Wisconsin--attended by thousands every year. We also enjoyed Illinois Beach State Park and a restaurant called the Tropics located at the local marina.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen W
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for much for your comments on the accommodations here since our team really does try to create a home away from home feel. For breakfast, we had two goals; first,, to support our local community by giving our guests the option to visit a variety of area cafes on us; and second. to offer a unique alternative to the typical hotel fare of a waffle maker and cereal bar. Quirky is an excellent description and we hope it made your stay a bit more memorable. We do plan on expanding our dining options in the next few months and hope to make some of the choices a bit more convenient and truly value your insight.

We also appreciate the concern that you were not given more information about the wide variety of activities here in the area, especially during the summer season. With Six Flags, the Marina, Illinois Beach State Park, Ravinia, Genesee Theater, Kingfish Baseball and, of course, the Bristol Renaissance Faire that you enjoyed. In Zion, there is something for everyone! We will strive to do a better job of sharing these exciting options and can't thank you enough for letting us know it would be helpful. We thank you for your time here with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A few months ago, I received the most fantastic service from Jenni – Housekeeping
Manager (?). When I was at the CTCA a couple months ago I left a few articles of clothing, including one of my favorite shirts, some under garments, and thorlos hiking socks; easy to replace but here’s what Jenni did: she gathered up all those cloths, found out who stayed in the room and labelled the bag with my name. She then found out when I was returning to the hospital and put that date on the bag as well. THEN, when I called about it she brought the bag to me at my room!!! They had been washed too!!!

The Managing Director, Delaine Rogers, also came to unlock my room when the door lock
vibrated closed so I couldn't open the door.

Overall, this hotel would get 3 - 4 stars in my book and I will always stay here when I go to
the CTCA in Zion for my follow-ups.

Room Tip: Ask for the small suite, it has a full kitchen & large refrigerator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BRUCE_DAVIS
MarketHost, Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Jerri will be so happy to know her efforts made such an impression! She genuinely does take pride in helping get lost items back to their proper home and does remarkably fine work. With your blessing, I will share your note because she and the team know how much one person can make a difference simply by caring. We really do mean it when we say - Every Guest, Every Time, Excellence. Thank you for letting us know we're on track and always striving to be better! Hope we see you again very soon....wearing your clean socks and a smile :)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very nice newer facility only to be surpassed a staff with a great attitude. Only there one night, but the entire experience was exceptional. There is a small restaurant, a work out room and ample seating outside for having a drink or simply visiting friends. Zion appears to be an old town, trying hard and possibly making a come back. It's only about 12 minutes off I-94.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for expressing your appreciation for the team's efforts here at The Inn of Market Square! I will be sharing your kind words with everyone in our next team meeting to thank them for doing their part to exceed your expectations. This is a very special place that we are honored to be part of and share with our guests. Thank you for letting us know it showed! Please let us know if you are returning the area so we can properly welcome you back to the beautiful City of Zion.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is one of the best places I've ever stayed, the staff makes you feel like you're home.Great place, great atmosphere. Can't wait till the next time I'm looking forward return there. The employee are very courageous and always have a smile on their faces m

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ladyloversb47
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for such an honor, that our efforts have truly made you feel welcome and appreciated. Our mission is every guest, every time, excellence...your kind words will let our staff know such a goal is possible and on their behalf please accept our gratitude. We look forward to being your home away from home again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion
The Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Best Western Executive Inn

Been to The Inn at Market Square? Share your experiences!