Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Zion, IL
US$160
US$99
Travelocity
US$100
La Villa Motel(Winthrop Harbor)
US$78
US$72
US$46
Sun Inn Motel(Winthrop Harbor)
US$61
US$48
US$50
US$49
US$62
All reviewseggsbiscuitsnext morningrecommend this hotelgreat place to stayfree breakfaststaff was very friendlyseparate roomother hotelshot tubstay there againfront desk clerkthree timesgreat visitwi fitop floortwin beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was my first stay at this Country Inn even though I grew up in Zion & have family/friends still in the area. Wherever you park isn't far from the door. The rooms have inside entrance which is always nicer for warmer rooms & safety. We were on the third floor at the end of the short hall so no room on one side of ours. The heat worked great - our room overlooked Piggly Wiggly nearby as well Dollar Tree, Culvers, and Subway - all a short walk. Location at 33rd & Sheridan Road. Our room had two queen beds with small refrigerator and microwave along with desk/chair, side chair, nice TV. Size room was good. We weren't too far from the elevator. We had requested a bath chair in our reservation & it was in the bathtub when we arrived. The motel gives a senior discount which we also received. Breakfast is offered in the morning 6 - 9:30 during the week & 7 - 10:30 on the weekend. They always had scrambled eggs, make your own waffle, cereal, muffins, breads, fruit, juices, coffee, hot water for tea, etc. Each day they had a theme which you could use the scrambled eggs such as make a taco breakfast sandwich, omelette with the fixings etc. The breakfast area has a large TV and computer (which I didn't use since I had my own with me). Breakfast was better than a lot of motels I've stayed at. Internet in the motel (including rooms) is free & just sign in each day when the notice pops up on your computer. It worked great - we had no trouble once we got online. Out of 4 internet access items -- only one laptop took awhile for my husband to get online but after that was no problem. We were all very happy with the internet service -- so much better than other motels in town that "say" they have internet but it doesn't work. For those visiting the Zion Cancer Hospital -- the shuttle is at the motel often to pick up anyone needing a ride there which I wasn't but it is a wonderful service. I will definitely stay there again when in the area needing a motel. The employees were friendly and helpful. I almost forgot to mention the beds and pillows are wonderful -- I slept great and my bad shoulder didn't bother me at all. I want to try and find pillows to buy like them. We didn't use the pool or work out area.

Room Tip: If you want a room not too far from the elevator, get a room on the westside of the elevator which is a shorter walk than the rooms east of the elevator. The elevator does "ding" so not sure if your room was too close to the elevator the ding "might" be heard in the rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before when my wife visits CTCA for her checkups. The staff is always very helpful and the property is very clean. Rooms are spacious and well furnished.

The breakfast has a nice selection and the staff go out of their way. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers in the Zion area.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I were on a week long "road" trip through Wisconsin. We were heading home when we stopped at the Country Inn. This was by far the nicest hotel we stayed at during our trip. The room was well appointed, the bed was super comfy and the breakfast was great. They even use real plates, glasses, mugs and silverware!!! I will search out this chain when we take our next road trip. It was worth every penny.....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
cx_zion, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Zion, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay as our staff takes great pride in delivering a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Our goal is to always exceed our guests expectations and therefore I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Zion area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is close to Lake Michigan and about a 15 minute drive from Six Flags. We stayed here with two adults and one child for 2 nights. It is a very nice hotel. The breakfast was good and had a good variety. It was well taken care of. The room was nice and clean. It had modern amenities and was well kept up. The pool is good sized and it has a nice hot tub also. The staff was very helpful. They also have free transportation to the cancer center if you should be in need of that. The bus ran on a regular basis. I would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the help of your desk personnel on July 30,2013. My daughter had an unexpected procedure at the Cancer Center and we needed a place for an extra night. your Country Inn was full but Sophia called the Center and got someone there to help her find a room for us that night. She was very kind, helpful and professional. We are at your Inn two or three times a month and feel very comfortable there. The staff is always kind and accommodating and we certainly do appreciate that. It is always good to find a place that makes a hard situation a little easier.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family