“Very clean and comfortable”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Zion
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has spacious rooms and are very clean and up to date. Rooms have a small fridge and microwave. The pool was great and clean. The breakfast was a little skimpy if you go after 9:00 but that wasn't a big deal to us. Really great location for the Illinois Beach State Park.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We didn't spend much time here, but the rooms were pretty pricey for the quality. It was very clean, but the bed spreads left a little to be desired. The pillow were horrible. I'm glad we had two beds, because we needed all 6 pillows. Great if you like tiny, super soft pillows. Not so great if you don't like to "scrunch" your pillows. The lighting was a little dark also.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
cx_zion, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I apologize that you did not have a good nights' rest because of the quality of our pillows. We continually strive to improve our product and service in order to exceed our guest’s expectations. I hope that if your travels should bring you back to the Zion area that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Zion Country Inn and Suites on our way back from Wisconsin. The hotel had a great swimming area and a large hot tub are. Everything was very clean in the pool area and there are no food or drinks allowed. I like that, keeps things clean!

We asked the front desk clerk for some local pizza recommendations, she was spot on with her suggestion. Our room was very clean and the hotel seemed nice and quiet.

There is a large breakfast area with a computer if you need to email or look online. Breakfast that morning was waffles, eggs, bisquits, yogurt, muffins and the like. I love it that they use real plates and not paper for breakfast!

We would love to stay here again if we are in the area!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, as my husband had appointments at CTCA. It is clean, comfortable, and has friendly staff. I can't think of anything negative about this property. We have since been back to Zion, and were booked at another hotel by CTCA. This one is definitely superior to the other hotel, and we will always request this one from now on.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was my first stay at this Country Inn even though I grew up in Zion & have family/friends still in the area. Wherever you park isn't far from the door. The rooms have inside entrance which is always nicer for warmer rooms & safety. We were on the third floor at the end of the short hall so no room on one side of ours. The heat worked great - our room overlooked Piggly Wiggly nearby as well Dollar Tree, Culvers, and Subway - all a short walk. Location at 33rd & Sheridan Road. Our room had two queen beds with small refrigerator and microwave along with desk/chair, side chair, nice TV. Size room was good. We weren't too far from the elevator. We had requested a bath chair in our reservation & it was in the bathtub when we arrived. The motel gives a senior discount which we also received. Breakfast is offered in the morning 6 - 9:30 during the week & 7 - 10:30 on the weekend. They always had scrambled eggs, make your own waffle, cereal, muffins, breads, fruit, juices, coffee, hot water for tea, etc. Each day they had a theme which you could use the scrambled eggs such as make a taco breakfast sandwich, omelette with the fixings etc. The breakfast area has a large TV and computer (which I didn't use since I had my own with me). Breakfast was better than a lot of motels I've stayed at. Internet in the motel (including rooms) is free & just sign in each day when the notice pops up on your computer. It worked great - we had no trouble once we got online. Out of 4 internet access items -- only one laptop took awhile for my husband to get online but after that was no problem. We were all very happy with the internet service -- so much better than other motels in town that "say" they have internet but it doesn't work. For those visiting the Zion Cancer Hospital -- the shuttle is at the motel often to pick up anyone needing a ride there which I wasn't but it is a wonderful service. I will definitely stay there again when in the area needing a motel. The employees were friendly and helpful. I almost forgot to mention the beds and pillows are wonderful -- I slept great and my bad shoulder didn't bother me at all. I want to try and find pillows to buy like them. We didn't use the pool or work out area.

Room Tip: If you want a room not too far from the elevator, get a room on the westside of the elevator which...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before when my wife visits CTCA for her checkups. The staff is always very helpful and the property is very clean. Rooms are spacious and well furnished.

The breakfast has a nice selection and the staff go out of their way. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers in the Zion area.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I were on a week long "road" trip through Wisconsin. We were heading home when we stopped at the Country Inn. This was by far the nicest hotel we stayed at during our trip. The room was well appointed, the bed was super comfy and the breakfast was great. They even use real plates, glasses, mugs and silverware!!! I will search out this chain when we take our next road trip. It was worth every penny.....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
cx_zion, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay as our staff takes great pride in delivering a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Our goal is to always exceed our guests expectations and therefore I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Zion area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zion
The Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
The Inn at Market Square
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gurnee
Comfort Inn Gurnee
Comfort Inn Gurnee
#2 of 11 in Gurnee

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion? Share your experiences!