“nice warm pool”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
Campbellsburg, Indiana
“nice warm pool”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

pool was so cold turned kids lips blue after being in it less then 15 min when contacted the manager cindi she told us it was 86 degrees must of been being checked right by its heater i wouldnt stay there agian not when super 8 is only 1 mile away with a hot pool and good customer service and a better price

Room Tip: there is no good room there ours had mold growing in the ceiling in the jr ex suite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Eric m,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I arrived early afternoon with a departure time of midnite, I was checked in by Belinda the early check in was not a problem...appears to be freshly remodeled..room was nice and clean great water pressure bathroom was well stocked...only downfall the room I was in had no microwave but it did have a coffee pot and a refrigerator...nice place freindly people and gravel truck parking beside the regular parking lot...I would reccomend this place ....I will be back the next time Im in the area...the price was a little higher than I wanted to pay but they were almost sold out and it was worth what I paid....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is not within walking distance of any restaurants. I saw another review about a balcony room which is what I had. While there was some noise in the evening of children playing in the pool, it was not bothersome and ended by an appropriate time. Fortunately, I did not stay and work in the room during the day. The breakfast was adequate but, I wish the bananas were not as black as they were (I guess I need to get there earlier). The hotel is used by many business workers. The free Wi-Fi worked very well. FYI, they use Bath and Body Works products for soap. Some hotels get the cheap soap but, this location uses the nicer products (that you'll want to take home).

Room Tip: If you don't like to hear kids playing in the pool during the day or evening, do not get a balco...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Newburgh, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding in town,I had to make multiple phone calls to modify my reservation and each time I came in contact with the hotel they were awesome at helping me with my needs. They helped me with an early check in and swaping from a one bed room to a two bed room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I too would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
richmond, ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband, two daughters and grandkids stayed her Saturday night of Labor Day weekend because we were attending a family reunion in the area and going to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis the next day. The room was very nice and large enough for a rollaway bed. We had an advance reservation, but we checked in late. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good, and we swam in the pool before we checked out. They had nice terrycloth robes in the room to wear to the pool. Very nice. Would stay here again if in the area. The Children's Museum is very nice. We all really enjoyed it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

We were driving to Texas from Ohio..off the interstate..and came across this hotel. looks brand new. Smelled great. Very quiet. Out in the country. Would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

When a group of us suddenly decided on a holiday weekend away, we picked French Lick, Indiana, out of thin air. With rates at the French Lick resort running over $500 per night, we opted for this Holiday Inn in Bedford.

Rates were reasonable, the room was comfortable, and we got "goodie bags" at check-in. The breakfast downstairs had a pancake machine (if we had had children with us, it is possible they would have refused to leave that machine) and all sorts of hot and cold items. Rooms had fridges and coffee makers, and excellent showers. The pool area was good, if a little cholorine-y.

The only problem with the hotel was an occasion stampede of elephants...I mean, small children...outside the room. Early on Saturday morning. But we can live with that.

However: if you are planning to stay in Bedford, and want to eat at any ethnic places or even national sit-down chains like Olive Garden....you will be driving to Bloomington. There's nothing in Bedford, save some fast food places and a Golden Corral. Also, shopping is in Bloomington.

The French Lick area is about 30 minutes away, with excellent spas and lovely resorts. The towns are in serious need of love. Maybe the recession hit particularly hard here, but there wasn't much open, aside from the resorts themselves.

Do visit the French Lick Winery. Yum!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Comfort Suites French Lick
#1 of 5 in Bedford
Rosemount Motel
Rosemount Motel
#3 of 5 in Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bedford? Share your experiences!