“Felt So Appreciated Here!”

Holiday Inn Express Bedford
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
Kokomo, Indiana
“Felt So Appreciated Here!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Just got home from staying one night at this hotel. I got my FIRST complimentary upgrade, thanks to Manager, Belinda Parks. The hotel is clean, fresh, well-kept, with some really great amenities. The pool and hot tub were excellent, and the adjoining indoor/outdoor patio area includes a ping pong table and plenty of casual seating. The breakfast was plentiful, hot and the area very clean. EVERYONE, from the front desk to housekeeping to the breakfast hostess were friendly, efficient and welcoming. It definitely felt like they were happy to have us there, and appreciated our choosing their hotel for our stay. I would definitely stay again, and recommend it to anyone in the area or passing through.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel in Bedford raises the bar for this area. It is clean, quiet and the staff is very good.

The free breakfast is on par with any Hampton or Courtyard.

The only issue I had was the front staff seemed paranoid that I would leave without paying. I used a low limit credit card when I checked in for two nights. However, I had to extend for a third night and the additional night's hold would not clear. I received a call and my keys were deactivated. Finally! The keys were fixed but at breakfast the following morning the desk manager stopped me and said the card would not clear. I said I was checking out and would bring my regular credit card down to pay then.

Now I have an IMG member for 24 years, but they were still worried. To be a premier property, they need to show a little more professionalism and trust.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When visiting family and friends in the area, we always stay at this property. We have stayed at other independent properties, as well as the other two chain hotels, but nothing like HIE! The front desk staff are superior to none! The breakfast crew are super attentive to ones needs. Housekeeping does an outstanding job. I do agree with other reviews tho, more than bananas for fresh fruit would be super! Also, deviation from the biscuits'n'gravy would be nice too. But, keep doing what you're doing HIE Bedford! You've got our vote!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Elberton, Georgia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel while visiting my girlfriend in Indiana. I have to say that I was very surprised by how large and nice the room was. The staff was very friendly and i had a great stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Arrived early evening on Friday with a group of 29 I brought from St. Louis. The group leader was greated very warmly by Kylie, Kim, and Cindy. Check in took no time at all for our group. When I finally was able to bring my luggage in I received the same friendly welcome as the group leader. The lobby was clean and decorated nicely. When I got to my room I found it the same way as the lobby. Very comfortable bed and chair, and remarkably clean. I went down to the lobby to relax for a while and witnessed Kylie on the phone telling a caller that they were sold out for the evening. She then spent the next ten minutes on the phone with the caller trying her best to find her accomodations elsewhere in Bedford and surrounding cities, even explaining that some of the other places had festivals taking place and that was the reason for the shortage of rooms. She went so far as to expain what order the towns were in on the map based on where the caller was coming from. Really haven't ever witnessed that kind of patience from a hotel employee especially with somebody that wouldnt be staying there. Outstanding! The only thing I can't comment on is the breakfast because I havent eaten it yet. But based on the rest of the experience to this point I expect I wont be disappointed with that. If I ever make it back to Bedford I can only hope I will stay here. The bar has been set high. Management should be very proud of the property and the employees!

Room Tip: Mine is right near the elevator but I cant hear it at all. Very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
emhrnbsn
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Great location right off the highway and near restaurants and Walmart. Friendly staff! Very clean and crisp rooms. Breakfast was standard holiday inn fare (could be better and the only fruit they had were brown bananas).
If I had to complain about something it would be that housekeeping knocked on my door at 9 am to see if I was still there......I assume had I not answered they would have let themselves in..... :( not much good for sleeping in or privacy.

• Stayed September 2013
Calabash, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Let me start by saying that when my wife and I arrived we were greeted by Cindy Parks, the Gen'l Mgr. of the facility. Wonderful way to arrive as she had a smile on her face and a good sense of humor. The rest of the staff was top shelf also during our stay. The room smelled fresh and clean every time we entered it.

The young woman who cleaned our room is to be commended for her diligence in her work and for her honesty. My wife left a very expensive set of diamond earrings on the bathroom counter. They blended in with the counter top and when the cleaning lady picked up the soiled towels the earrings came with them. Evidently the earrings dropped out onto the hallway floor and she noticed them. She did the right thing and took them to the front desk and turned them in as she wasn't quite sure if the earrings came from our room or someone other than ours. Naturally when my wife discovered the earrings were missing she went into her frantic mode. I told her to call the front desk and sure enough they were there. This young lady that turned them in should be commended for her honesty.

When in the Bedford, Indiana area we would never stay anywhere else other than here. Kudos to you Cindy Parks and to your whole staff.

Room Tip: WSe had room 102 and it was perfect for entering and exiting the facility. Quiet also.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 5 in French Lick
Super 8 Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#3 of 5 in Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bedford? Share your experiences!