“Overnight Stay, Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Bedford
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
“Overnight Stay, Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was a nice hotel. No problems during our stay!
The kids loved the pool and hot tub as well as the ping pong table!
Our room was clean and comfortable. Stocked with everything we might need.
Breakfast was a treat! The kids enjoyed making pancakes!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sunnydaze276

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Morton Grove, IL
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Highly recommended! First, very easy to find, right off the main road with a sign you won't miss. Second, friendly greeting and quick check-in. Third, both room and hotel are clean and up-to-date (with a large and clean bathroom as well). The free hot breakfast in the morning is more than adequate--plenty of choices--with a warm and friendly atmosphere. No negatives at all. Would stay here again in a sec! Thanks Holiday Inn.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rhcgill
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Just got home from staying one night at this hotel. I got my FIRST complimentary upgrade, thanks to Manager, Belinda Parks. The hotel is clean, fresh, well-kept, with some really great amenities. The pool and hot tub were excellent, and the adjoining indoor/outdoor patio area includes a ping pong table and plenty of casual seating. The breakfast was plentiful, hot and the area very clean. EVERYONE, from the front desk to housekeeping to the breakfast hostess were friendly, efficient and welcoming. It definitely felt like they were happy to have us there, and appreciated our choosing their hotel for our stay. I would definitely stay again, and recommend it to anyone in the area or passing through.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia G
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel in Bedford raises the bar for this area. It is clean, quiet and the staff is very good.

The free breakfast is on par with any Hampton or Courtyard.

The only issue I had was the front staff seemed paranoid that I would leave without paying. I used a low limit credit card when I checked in for two nights. However, I had to extend for a third night and the additional night's hold would not clear. I received a call and my keys were deactivated. Finally! The keys were fixed but at breakfast the following morning the desk manager stopped me and said the card would not clear. I said I was checking out and would bring my regular credit card down to pay then.

Now I have an IMG member for 24 years, but they were still worried. To be a premier property, they need to show a little more professionalism and trust.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When visiting family and friends in the area, we always stay at this property. We have stayed at other independent properties, as well as the other two chain hotels, but nothing like HIE! The front desk staff are superior to none! The breakfast crew are super attentive to ones needs. Housekeeping does an outstanding job. I do agree with other reviews tho, more than bananas for fresh fruit would be super! Also, deviation from the biscuits'n'gravy would be nice too. But, keep doing what you're doing HIE Bedford! You've got our vote!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Elberton, Georgia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel while visiting my girlfriend in Indiana. I have to say that I was very surprised by how large and nice the room was. The staff was very friendly and i had a great stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Arrived early evening on Friday with a group of 29 I brought from St. Louis. The group leader was greated very warmly by Kylie, Kim, and Cindy. Check in took no time at all for our group. When I finally was able to bring my luggage in I received the same friendly welcome as the group leader. The lobby was clean and decorated nicely. When I got to my room I found it the same way as the lobby. Very comfortable bed and chair, and remarkably clean. I went down to the lobby to relax for a while and witnessed Kylie on the phone telling a caller that they were sold out for the evening. She then spent the next ten minutes on the phone with the caller trying her best to find her accomodations elsewhere in Bedford and surrounding cities, even explaining that some of the other places had festivals taking place and that was the reason for the shortage of rooms. She went so far as to expain what order the towns were in on the map based on where the caller was coming from. Really haven't ever witnessed that kind of patience from a hotel employee especially with somebody that wouldnt be staying there. Outstanding! The only thing I can't comment on is the breakfast because I havent eaten it yet. But based on the rest of the experience to this point I expect I wont be disappointed with that. If I ever make it back to Bedford I can only hope I will stay here. The bar has been set high. Management should be very proud of the property and the employees!

Room Tip: Mine is right near the elevator but I cant hear it at all. Very quiet.