“Good hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Good hotel. Clean and comfortable. Only negative was long hallways seperated by fire doors. Beautiful older hotel but in good shape. Located right on S.R. 37.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 3 October 2011

We recently stayed one night at this hotel, which while a little worn, still provided a safe and comfortable room. The stone exterior and lobby areas were lovely. Our room was clean and in average,condition except for the bathroom which showed some water damage at the wall around the tub that needed repairs. The staff was friendly and helpful; however, the best and most memorable part of our experience there was the delicious sausage gravy served as a part of the complimentary breakfast. What a great way to start the day!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank indiana-tourist
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Working in area from out of town, stayed here for several weeks. Stayed at Holiday Inn, not worth the price, stayed at the Super 8 bad beds, overcharged. Comfort Inn treated us right, rooms were good and clean, big fluffy towels a plus. Needs chairs on the big front porch. Breakfast gets boring after several days. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpfull.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We were in Bedford for a family reunion and spent two nights at the Comfort Inn. The public areas were very pleasant, but our room was tired and old. The bathroom tub and curtain were stained with holes in the tub enclosure where they had replaced a handrail. The bedding was old with faded comforters and pilled blankets. We didn't try the breakfast because it ended at 9:00 AM. This is where our problem began.

We were in our room until noon with the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door as we had arrived late at the hotel. When we returned after breakfast, our room still had not been cleaned, but the housekeeping staff was still on the premises. When we returned again at 7:30, our room was still uncleaned. When I inquired at the desk, I was told that if the maid passes your room and you have up the "Do Not Disturb" sign, your room will not be cleaned that day. This meant NO clean towels, bath mats, emptied trash cans OR ANYTHING. We were at least able to get some clean towels from the front desk . No manager was available, at the time, and when I called her on Monday she did acknowledge that this was indeed their policy and maybe they needed to review it. She told me that since we were on the first floor the maid probably passed our room around 9:00 in the morning, so we were just out of luck. No apologies.

We travel a lot, and I have never had my room ignored because we were still in it. Steer clear of this place if you want a clean washcloth!! I should have read the other reviews before staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peggy R
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Room and complementary breakfast were OK but not great. Upon check-out I found that the room rate being charged was $10 higher than the rate I was quoted upon check-in. The rate quoted at registration was $70 plus about $10 in tax. I was asked to sign a form accepting a rate of $80 which I assumed included the tax, At check-out the room rate had been increased to $80 with another $10+ in tax added to that. When I called this to the clerk's attention, she said that there was nothing she could do about it and I didn't have time to pursue the matter further. If you decide to stay here, make sure that the rate acceptance form they give you to sign has the the actual rate quoted to you on it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim V
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The staff was polite, helpful & courteous. From making reservation to check in/out The rooms were clean & housekeeping staff polite & helpful & all property was clean and neat. We had a room with Jacuzzi, loved that! Extra towels needed no problem. Breakfast was good. Bedford has lots of historical value as Lawrence Co. is home to astronauts Grissom, Walker & Bowersox, is considered the Limestone Capital of the World. We enjoyed the Limestone Museum. We used our stay as a chance to just stop & enjoy lots of the local limestone architecture that surrounds you everywhere. Local department stores were just across the street if you need to pick anything up...I did of course. There's plenty to do in Bedford all year round. Your close to Paoli Peaks, French Lick Casinos, My husband & I had a wonderful time just hanging out & spending time here! Great couples get-a-way for us, Did I say the staff was just wonderful? They were & that is something I always make note of & consider in doing future business. Hubby & I are already making plans for our next get-a-way at Comfort Inn

Tip, If your not already become a Choice Privileges member earn points for future stays and enjoy other Privileges.
Thanks Sara! & all staff :0)

Room Tip: one smoker&nonsmoker in same room try picking room near outside exit for the smoker, smoking roo...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Our experience with the Comfort Inn Bedford, In was most unsatisfactory. We booked online well in advance of our travel and received an immediate confirmation of our reservation. Our plans changed and I cancelled our reservation 5 days in advance. I received an email the next day saying that as it was a busy weekend, there was a "special cancellation deadline" of 7 days prior to the stay, so they would not be able to cancel my reservations.

I sent an email back to the property, forwarding my confirmation email which stated NOTHING about the cancellation policy. In the meantime, the property charged my credit card for my FULL STAY. This is still 4 days in advance of my booked arrival.

I phoned the property manager, who stated that she was unable to do anything for me - that it was the decision of the owners. I asked to speak to the owners but the manager explained that they were based in California and I would not be able to contact them. She also said that there were 4 other people who were experiencing the same thing I was.

I filed a complaint with Choice Hotels International - forwarding them all my correspondance. They said that they would be in contact in 3 days. I received no response.

The Comfort Inn Bedford refunded 2 of my three nights for each of my rooms - I booked 2 rooms - but still kept a "cancellation fee" of one night room and tax for each room. As I was never informed of the 7 day cancellation policy, I feel this was totally unfair.

Finally, my experience with the Choice Hotels Customer Care to be terribly inadequate. I never recevied any confirmation of the emails I sent, nor were there any follow up phone calls. I finally received a letter stating that "Since each Choice Hotel is independently owned and operated, we must defer to the hotel's response as a final resolution to your case."

So if you have a problem with a Choice Hotel, do not expect the Choice Hotels International to assist you in any way. The independent owner can charge your credit card at will and make up "cancellation charges" and the Choice Hotels International will do nothing about it.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank RCampbell08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Bedford
#17 of 24 in Bloomington
Super 8 Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#3 of 5 in Bedford

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!