“My wife and I were visiting family in...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bloomington
Wampler House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 9 Bloomington B&B and Inns
Columbus, OH
“My wife and I were visiting family in...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

My wife and I were visiting family in Bloomington, IN for our nephews high school graduation and needed to find accommodations. I did an internet search for both hotels and B&B's to compare options and discovered the Wampler House B&B. I was pleasantly surprised to find a large number of reviews on this website and all the reviews were rating the property very good to excellent. I found two other B&B's in Bloomington but they were quite a bit more expensive so I chose Whampler House to use as my coparison property with the local hotels. I was surprised by both the high prices of the hotels and the poor reviews that they had received while in contrast Whampler House had rave reviews and actually coat less than the hotels. We called and made reservations with Brittany who was most helpful in answering my questions about the property and about logistics. I was most concerned about our arriving at 11pm. Brittany assured me that Diana the owner would meet us to check us into our room. I new this was somewhat unusal as my wife and I try to frequent B&B's whenever possible and most seem to end check in around 10pm, so I was quite happy with Diana's accommodation of our special need. We found Diana and Greg to be gracious hosts and Wampler House exceeded our every expectation. The house and grounds are impeccably clean and well maintained. The food prepared by Diana is gourmet, healthy, and in ample quantity. The furnishings throughout the house and in our room are both beautiful and comfortable. I paticularly enjoyed the soft instrumental music that was played in all the common rooms and I also enjoyed the cool dry air produced by the central air system. I am a hot weather wimp and the ambient air temperature reached 91 degrees during our stay. There is much more I could say to try and express how satisfied my wife and I were with our stay but really you just need to experience Whampler House and the hospitality of the Robinson's for yourself.

The Enrights, Columbus, OH

• Stayed May 2010

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atwater, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

This is one of the best B & B's I've ever stayed at. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. The rooms are very comfortable. Breakfasts are a gourmet treat and you can eat at your convenience. One of the attractions is the large front porch, with rockers and a swing. It was a wonderful place to enjoy another cup of coffee and conversation. Wampler House is well-maintained with many interesting nooks and corners.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Massena, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

This was our third time staying here and we would highly recommend it to anyone. If you have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, this will have you coming back time and again. Wampler House is wonderful. The rooms are decorated beautifully and
everything is impeccably clean. The Innkeepers, Diana & Greg, treat you like old friends. Diana's breakfasts are awesome. It feels like home!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

Traveled with my extended family to Bloomington for a function at Indiana University.
Wampler House is a short driving distance from campus. Easy to find.
All areas of home are clean. Breakfast is served to your time preference. Food is wonderful.
Location is rural and quiet. Would return without hesitation. Price/value is excellent.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Southern Pines, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

Spent the night in the DILLMAN ROOM featuring a four-poster queen with calm decor and mild lighting. Furniture is a little clunky and non-functional for guests but the spacious bathroom equipped with shower, tub/whirlpool, and candles is very nice. [ROOMS-- 4.25 out of 5]
Glitch-free from check-in to check-out. Innkeeper had an assistant to help with our SATURDAY breakfast. [SERVICE-- 5.0 out of 5]
Fair price. Likely would've incorporated spa services had SPAFINDER cards been accepted. [VALUE-- 4.25 out of 5]
Spotless, but rooms could use larger, functional garbage cans. [CLEANLINESS-- 4.75 out of 5]
Full breakfast was tasty but both courses were absolutely loaded with sugar.
[DINING-- 3.75 out of 5]

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2009

We live in New York, but I've spent seven years of my life in the Midwest and spent many years at visiting B&Bs around the country. Perhaps most striking for me at Wampler House was the Midwest friendliness and decor. The owners of Wampler House were exceptionally welcoming and accommodating. The breakfast was among the best we have ever enjoyed at a B&B. The Inn has been immaculately renovated. The Wampler Suite was large, the bed very comfortable and the jacuzzi bath enormous. The location is a bit far from the center of town for a visit to the University - 10 to 15 minutes depending on traffic. In that sense, it might be ideal for a local looking for a getaway or a Honeymoon Suite. It is a five minute walk from local bike and running trails.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple