“Great place at an affordable price”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel in December 2010 and was very pleased with my stay. The rooms have a modern feel and there are many great services for the guests. The one thing i would recommend is the ability to order pay-per-view movies at the hotel. Overall, great stay and look forward to coming back to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your feedback is appreciated. The staff and management of the hotel works diligently to ensure each guest experience exceeds their expectations. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff and we look forward to your next stay when visiting the Bloomington Indiana area.

Reviewed 5 October 2010

Way overpriced. Sleep in your car before you ever stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The hotel has been recently upgraded and we can assure you that all of the issues mentioned have been completely resolved. We look forward to your next stay with us and feel confident that we will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 23 August 2010

Stay: August 5th- desk clerk Cody:
Checked in and got ripped off @ $99 night for this old run down Quality Inn.
Room very warm as air conditioner was not working properly. After almost 2 hours I called the desk clerk, he acted as if I was bothering him. Finally came up to room and told me to shut air off for ten minumtes and restart. I tried to tell him I know how to run air conditioners and this one will not cool down. After another half hour had to call again and demand another room. Again he acted very put off, but eventually changed my room. On check out the desk clerk did not ask how things went, so I tried to tell her. She stood there like a dummy and did not say a word. Did not say sorry or any thing. It is obvious that this Hotels only concern is the money and not the customers quality of stay.
I gaurantee that me or any of the sales people will ever enter this Hotel again.
Choice Hotels should consider kicking this Hotel out of the system as they do not come close to the chains policies. There is no way a person like Code should be employed here when so many good people are looking for jobs. His attitude sucks !!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we value your opinion. The hotel has completed an extensive renovation and the staff has been replaced since the time of your review. The Quality Inn strives to provide each guest a great hotel experience and we can assure you that all of the issues mentioned have been resolved. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2010

I booked 3 nights here and asked after the first night if I could check out early (after the second night). The attendant at the counter said this was fine. Later, when I tried to get the charge corrected, the manager made up all kinds of stories about why it couldn't be done (after I was already out of state). I have stayed at choice hotels so many times over the years and these people are willing to ruin things over a 1 night room charge. Don't give your money to these weasels.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and we value your opinion. The hotel has replaced much of the staff since the date of your review and we can assure you that all of the issues mentioned in the review have been resolved. We look forward to your next stay with us when visiting the Bloomington Area.

Reviewed 7 March 2010

We took our son to Indiana University and the only good thing I can say was it was 10 minutes from the university. The water pressure was so bad we did not even get a decent shower in the morning. When we complained at the front desk the manager was indifferent. We had a room on the lower level which was like staying in a basement. This quality is missing in this Quality Inn. We will not stay here again. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank pkmChicago
Reviewed 22 August 2009

as an Elite Diamond Choice member, they were going to charge me for a roll away bed for my son as the only room they had only had one bed. There was used soap in the shower.
Only when I asked if I could be connected to Choice did they wave the charge (the bed was un-sleepable on and my son had to bring in an airbed from the car he was bringing up to his fraternity house. While the front desk manager was very nice, the hotel was not what I would expect from Choice.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 31 January 2009

This hotel is in very nice shape. The place was very clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the shower had great water pressure.
The rooms are simple but nice. A refrigerator and microwave are in every room. Nice from saving a little cash on drinks and food. They provide you with a lot of channels to watch unlike some hotels.
The breakfast was not very good. Most of the food was not very fresh. I was not very upset especially after I found out there was only one girl running the place. Poor thing didn't even have time to change her cloths during our stay.
I will defiantly stay at this hotel again the next time I need a room in Bloomington.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)