“What a pleasant surprise!”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We were initially hesitant to book a room sight unseen, but based on all the great reviews we went ahead and booked. We were pleasantly surprised at what a nice place this is. The rooms are older, but clean, comfortable, and well maintained. It had a refrigerator/freezer, microwave, TV, spotless shower with great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The heater worked quickly, efficiently, and quietly, adjusting to your own preference. The location was great for us....close to shopping, restaurants, family, and just a short drive to downtown. The owner/manager was very nice and helpful. We don't need fancy, just clean! And it was VERY clean. All for a great price! We couldn't have asked for more. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: We honestly had no complaints!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 November 2013

You need a place to stay...right? Not sure if it is a night, week...maybe you are relocating to the area like me and need a short term place until you find a house. This is a great value for your money. The rooms are clean, well maintained, comfortable to sleep in and suprisingly quiet for being so close to everything. The manager Jay is more than helpful. Being a stranger to the area he has given me advice on everything from neighborhoods to great places to eat. I could not be more lucky to have read similar reviews before I stayed and now be able to echo them having be here for almost a week. Nice job Jay and Ron! I hope someone who was uncertain on where to stay like I was reads this and finds you like I did. Well done! If you call and they are all booked up...you'll know why!

Room Tip: Ask Jay, he will not steer you wrong.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ray M
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Owner/manager couldn't be more helpful. Clean rooms, quite spacious for economy sector, fridge, microwave, free coffee in office. TV etc. everything works and if there's anything you want just ask, nothing seems to be too much trouble for this super guy. Read previous comments too. He should run his own customer service school. Many of the big hotels could learn a lot.
So, if it's value for money you want this is the place, not a resort, but a great VFM stopover (we stayed 3 nights).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The room was clean, great shower, the rate reasonable and the manager friendly and helpful. The location was not as close to the city as we would have liked but it was worth the distance driving. It's easy to miss as not right on the highway but don't miss this motel.

Room Tip: We would stay there again.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2013

As I have stayed at a lot of super fancy hotels for business, I didn't know what to expect when I came across the Economy Inn located in Bloomington, Indiana. All of the hotels were booked in town, and I had to speak at an Indiana Univeristy Business Event, so I decided to stay here. I have never come across better staff. I have realized in recent traveling how important this is. The manager will cater to any of your needs. The rooms are clean and I honestly have no complaints. It is a wonderfu little hotel to visit and I highly recommend this place if you are considering visiting Indiana University's Campus.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GEWorldTraveler
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I had stayed here before 2yrs ago. I found it by reading a good review about it at Tripadvisor. Still clean and quiet and I realize how much I wish all motel & hotel rooms came w/a microwave & minifridge like the rooms here do. I stayed during the heat of summer last time and my air-conditioning worked great. This time it's winter and my heat in room worked great. Mold and bug free. It's cheap decor makes it a place I wouldn't spend a romantic night at w/my lady. But you can't beat the advertised rate $32 & up for what you get. Complaints- Bathroom window was clear glass w/sheer curtain instead of smokey glass, so I closed bathroom door & turned on hot shower, presto! window steamed up and no one could look in. They have WiFi now and down the street from fast food places and a Kroger. I would not come back to a place that was nasty or treated me wrong, so for me to stay here twice is saying alot! Bring your own shampoo & don't forget your toothbrush I don't think they have extras.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank IndianaDaddy
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I stayed in Bloomington for work back in November and I can't be more positive about the Economy Inn. After a misunderstanding on how long I was to stay (my fault) the management quickly offered to comp my room for the extra night that I stayed.

The room was exceptionally clean and there was free wifi, a microwave, and a small fridge. At a very good rate for the week it was a great value. This is a motel so if you are looking for something high class with room service and a great location with a quick walk to campus (south of town or about a 10 min drive to the heart of Bloomington) then this is not the place for you.

I would def. recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business