“When I was a student, I always dreamt of staying here!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indiana Memorial Union Biddle Hotel and Conference Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bloomington
Indiana Memorial Union Biddle Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
New York City, New York
“When I was a student, I always dreamt of staying here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is my first visit back to IU in several years. I've always felt inspired by the beauty of this building during my late hours of study in the South Lounge. Today I was able to relive that inspiration on my first stay at the Biddle Hotel.

I came to this university with the ambition and hopes of being very successful. The Kelly School of Business delivered, as I am now a partner at a big 4 accounting firm. I travel frequently, so my expectations tend to be high. This hotel delivered on every accord. The spacious Antique Suite is a great place to unwind... Many beautiful amenities with a picturesque backdrop of Beck Chapel and the Chemistry building. I'm enjoying the comfy bed, bath robe, and fine bathroom amenities. I have all the necessities including a coffee station, iron, wireless Internet, and fine furnishings that one would find at the Waldorf. Not to mention, incredibly clean. The room service menu is more geared towards sandwiches, but I found them delicious and incredibly reasonable.

This hotel is a tremendous value... I highly recommend it to all business travelers and vacationers alike. Hopefully this visit to the university will prove successful to our recruiting efforts. I'm currently interviewing at the Business school for several positions at our Park Avenue offices in NYC. It's time to pay the experience forward!

Room Tip: Stay in an Antique Suite!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IMUhotelmgt, General Manager at Indiana Memorial Union Biddle Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Streamers!! Champagne!! Chocolates!! What a fantastic review. I’m delighted to see that you enjoyed our amenities and services. Thank you for noticing the efforts we make to ensure an exceptional stay. I hope to welcome you back when your travels return you to Indiana.

Best,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
Lincolnshire, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I love staying at the Union and have several times in the past, but I have to say the room I stayed in is in need of some TLC. The dresser's were very worn with chips on the surface, and the ceilings bulging and stained by the vent. I love the Union when visiting the campus and it's a great location. The beds were comfy, the pillows very nice and the room was clean, but a bit of sprucing up could go a long way.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Biddle Hotel and Conference Center, we always appreciate the time guests take to give us feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoy staying at our hotel and enjoy our clean rooms and comfy beds. I apologize that we fell short meeting your expectations with an unsatisfactory room. Please contact me directly to provide additional details so I can ensure that we correct these issues.

Regards,
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

At first it may seem strange to stay at this location if you are not going to visit the university- but regardless the reason for your visit it is a great hotel. We had a antique room, and it had lots of character. It was super clean, a beautiful historic building, and located on campus. It was just a short walk to the cute little downtown, and all the restaurants there. So much better than staying in a chain, and away from the highway. The campus offers many nice walks as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Hello,
Thanks for recommending us to everyone! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves on the beautiful historic aspect of our hotel and the antiques placed throughout. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to Indiana.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

The hotel is conveniently located on the IU campus and close to the city center. The building is impressive with a lot of beautiful spaces and I did not even have the opportunity to explore all parts of it. The rooms are well appointed and the fridge and coffee-making facility are of course very practical. My room was quite small, though, but it did not really matter very much because I did not spend much time there during the day. The opening hours of the stores, restaurants and cafes in the building are a bit limited, though: For example, it was not possible to get a coffee after returning from my conference at IU in the late afternoon, and it was worse during the weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IMUhotelmgt, General Manager at Indiana Memorial Union Biddle Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for your review of our impressive building. I’m pleased that you enjoyed the amenities in the room as well as the ambiance of the building. I apologize that you did not get the opportunity to explore our retail outlets or other eateries in the building during your stay. When classes are not in session IMU Dining Services tends to reduce some of the hours due to less activity in the building. Bloomington is full of great local restaurants and unique shops, many that are in close walking distance to the hotel. I hope you had the opportunity to explore all that Bloomington has to offer. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to Indiana.

Kind Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Spent the evening at this "hard to get a reservation" hotel during orientation and loved it! The room was small but charming and the bath was more than comfortable with an updated 1930's feel. The Gilcrest and Soames bath goodies are also my favorites (the first thing I do when I enter a room is check out the bath items). Can't wait to stay again; location to town is perfect and hopefully next time, it won't be 104 degrees in B town.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The IMU Biddle Hotel and Conference center appreciates that you took the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel during orientation. It’s nice to hear that you were very comfortable in your room and that you enjoyed the bathroom amenities. We hope to see you again soon and yes, hopefully it won’t be 104 degrees when you return to Bloomington.

Yours in Hospitality,
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We were at IU, my husband's alma mater, for a few days recently and again enjoyed the Union. Our room was comfortable and the Union itself is full of elegant antiques and surprise alcoves and stunning photo opportunities. I dare anyone with a camera not to spend at least a few hours wandering around the Biddle. Its elegant 'old school' charm, original artworks and antique furniture makes you feel a bit like you're staying in a museum or art gallery. Our beds were comfy, room was clean, and air conditioning was a welcome relief in the heat wave. The location is ideal and you can easily walk most anywhere on campus, including the IU Auditorium if you're there for a show or event.

Room Tip: Check ahead to see what events are going on at IU or in Bloomington at the time of your stay. If you...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the IMU Biddle Hotel and Conference Center. We are very pleased to hear that enjoyed the elegant antiques and artwork around the hotel. It is great to hear that you were very comfortable during your stay in your room and that your air conditioning kept you cool during this heat wave. We have a very hard working maintenance staff that takes pride in knowing that they are helping guests receive the best experience possible during their stay at the hotel. Thanks again for taking the time to review the Biddle Hotel and Conference Center. We can’t wait to see you again soon!

South Bend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Nothing like amazing pillows to help recharge your batteries after cycling around Bloomington. The staff is very accommodating, the rooms are clean and comfy and you are within walking distance of fun dining.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for allowing the IMU Biddle Hotel and Conference Center to accommodate you during your stay in Bloomington. I’m sure you were quite tired after cycling around Bloomington in this heat wave we have been experiencing as of late, so, it’s great that we could help you relax after you returned to the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!