“Whoo-Whoo”

The Owlery Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 349 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the north side of Bloomington's downtown square, The Owlery offers high quality, vegetarian food at affordable prices. At the Owlery, we challenge ourselves to find responsible sources for our ingredients and ethical ways of doing business.At the Owlery, we greatly value the cultural significance of dining together and want to reflect what we love about the Bloomington community - its diversity, openness, and thriving arts scene. We also hope to foster a work environment where employees have input in the restaurant and feel valued as friends and workers.
Oberlin, Ohio
“Whoo-Whoo”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants! Although they favor meat substitute proteins, the cuisine is creative and flavorful. I have had nearly everything on the menu and while I have my favorites, everything is good! I particularly enjoy the perogies and gravy, vegan, fries. Honorable mention to the meatball sub. The restaurant is a converted house, so there is plenty if that Bloomington charm, and chock full of owls! Local art is displayed with craft beer on tap, as well as gluten free beer! The service can be a bit slow, but is very friendly and helpful with questions about the menu.

Columbus, Ohio
“Fantastic vegetarian food!”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I visit this place every time I'm in Bloomington. The food is amazing. It's tasty and filling and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is non-pretentious with fun owl-themed art covering the walls. The Rueben, Philly cheesesteak and BBQ seitan sandwiches are to die for. Great fries too!

• Visited December 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great vegan food.”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

First visit to the Owlery. Great soup, salad, kabobs, sandwiches, deserts and more. I will be back.