“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
New York City, New York
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel is brand new. The lobby is decorated in tastefully selected modern furnishings. The staff were exceptionally nice and were willing to help with any issues or questions. Room was great, always nice having a separate area to relax or work. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very nice. Maid service was less than perfect..one day they forgot my room, never replenished the toilet paper. Lobby bar was not well stocked. Not sure what they were thinking with the "pool" which is smaller than most hotel jacuzzi's and has a wall of windows facing out to everyone who walks by. Easy walk to the campus and Franklin Street. Complimentary breakfast and internet. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you enjoy our lobby as our owners decided to make it completely custom- we absolutely love it! I'm also glad you enjoyed your suite, our complimentary hot breakfast, comfortable bed, and convenient location. I apologize for any frustrations you may have faced during your stay however, and take your feed back very seriously. We would be thrilled to welcome you back to Bloomington in the future! Thank you, and have a wonderful weekend.

Katherine.Boehner@WhiteLodging.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

What a great new place! Stayed here for graduation and couldn't be happier. The staff is outstanding -- super friendly and welcoming. They seem proud to be a part of the experience. The place is immaculate and new, decorated in fresh, modern furnishings and crisp white, aqua and green. Our room was a delight. Spacious with a huge closet and plenty of nooks for placing your toiletries out of the way, tucking your shoes and bags away. Loved the separation between sleeping and living space -- there's even a sliding door so you can open it up if you want. The couch and desk make you feel like home. Loved the sliding, frosted "pocket" door to the lavatory. It was private, but also felt very spa-like with the full, frameless glass shower and generous vanity. Beds were fresh and super comfortable with crisp, white bedding. No guessing as to whether the comforter/bedspread was washed between visits. Abundant parking! Super speedy, free internet. This place puts you right downtown, within walking distance of shopping, dining, the Farmer's Market! Perfect experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Wow- thank you so much for your glowing review! You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned that our staff is genuinely proud to a part of the experience. We have an incredibly committed team that is constantly striving to exceed expectations, and I am thrilled to hear that it made an impact on your stay. Location, suite, parking, internet, staff service- it sounds like you covered it all! I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Bloomington soon. Please let me know if you have plans to return- I would be happy to book your stay myself!

Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Hotel is very attractive with large, well-appointed rooms. Sofa was comfortable and the desk area made it easy to get some work done. Very nice bathrooms. Staff were all exceptionally pleasant and eager to help. Internet worked well. Breakfast was a little disappointing—I would have liked to have bacon or sausage—but the area was spotless and someone was constantly replenishing food and cleaning up any messes. Elevators were someone slow with only one that went to the garage level. $7 parking fee which would be a bargain in most cities, seemed pricey for Bloomington. Easy walk to courthouse area and to Franklin Street/IU campus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our location, suites, internet, and most importanty, staff service.

I'm happy to let you know that since your stay we have added several breakfast items including bacon! When we first opened, we served the Marriott standard, but now that we've gotten to know our guests, we have added several items and services to better cater to them. We are the only hotel in Bloomington with a private garage. In addition to the security, it certainly does beat the $1.00 per hour meters that are outside!

Again, thank you so much for your review. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I had the opportunity to have a night to ourselves and we decided to stay at the new hotel here in town. It's modern in design and the staff is friendly, but I didn't like the fact that the pool is very small and while we felt like fish in a fishbowl as people walking outside on the street could see us though that bank of windows that line the pool. We had some electrical issues in our room, which as addressed by the staff about an hour later. I had went down the next morning for my workout and was greeted by four machines...four...really?!? I had my shower and then went down for breakfast, only to sit basically in the middle of the lobby while everyone was in and out....it wasn't too enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from College Avenue as it can be a bit loud.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jacob B
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on TripAdvisor! I am incredibly dishearted to see that your stay was only 3/5 stars this visit and apologize for any and all frustrations you may have faced. I am still thrilled to see that you found the staff to be friendly!

It is worth noting to future travelers that we are a select-service hotel so we do not have space or amenities that a full-service might. Our two treadmill, elipitcal, & free weight gym is actually larger than the standard select-service hotel gym and has noticibly free space due to ADA laws. We do serve a complimentary hot breakfast and to best use our space, our lobby is made up of various types of ample seating: couches, booths, and tables. We additionally use our meeting space for seating to avoid a feeling of being cramped during busy times. I sincerely apologize that you did not care for this set up and take your feedback very seriously.

Please contact me directly for further discussion as it is always our goal to ensure every guest has a spectacular stay. Again, thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, and have a wonderful day!

New Palestine, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Bloomington while attending a conference. The entire hotel is very posh and the rooms are fantastic. I really like the separation of the "living" area from the beds. The rooms are very comfortable with plenty of space. It was very nice to see that the photographs in the room were local to Bloomington. The B Line trail is just behind the hotel and the convention center is only four blocks away as well. Great hotel, great location.

Room Tip: It's an all suite hotel, all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you so much for reflecting on your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I especially love to see our hotel described as 'posh.' Our custom lobby certainly does make me feel particularly luxurious as well! I'm also thrilled that you noticed our custom Bloomington artwork as opposed to Marriott stock photos around the hotel. We've continuously strived to blend in seamlessly with the Bloomington landscape since opening and even feature local art and goods in our market! I hope to welcome you back to Bloomington, and again, thank you for your review!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel opened in March 2014. The rooms are very spacious and nicely appointed with what you would expect and little more. One of the things that me and my colleagues all agreed upon was that we very much appreciated the vented table that covers the heating/cooling unit. It is a perfect place to put your overnight bag. We all agreed that all too often, we would put our bags on either the coffee table or sofa which would take away from a more relaxing experience. In addition the walk-in closet is also large enough to put your bags our of the way.

The staff was very friendly and helpful every step of the way. They were quick with a warm greeting on the way in and offered assistance when truly appropriate.

The location is very convenient to many of the terrific restaurants and shops in the downtown area.

They did a lovely job on this location and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gayle Y
Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor! I love to hear that we were a point of conversation among your colleagues- particularly because it sounds like great feedback. I am also incredibly happy that you enjoyed our staff. We are lucky to have such dedicated members of our team. I hope that we can welcome your group back to Bloomington, and again, thank you for your review!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

As a frequent Marriott guest I actually thought I was booking a room at the Courtyard down the street a little ways. To my surprise and great pleasure, I was booked at this month old (the official ribbon cutting was the night I arrived) Springhill Suites. Beautiful multi-story downtown hotel with a bar that closed at 10 on a Thursday night but outstandingly friendly staff, modern and excellent breakfast options.

My lucky night by landing here with underground parking and within walking distance to downtown restaurants and nightlife.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
I am absolutely ecstatic that your surprise visit here ended up being both comfortable and memorable. You chose an excellent time to visit- the Grand Opening Party was a huge success and beautiful showcase of the hotel! I genuinely hope that we will be able to host you on all of your future visits to Bloomington. Please let me know if you have any upcoming trips- I would be happy to book your suite myself!