“Great rooms- Tough parking”

SpringHill Suites Bloomington
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I booked a room here in April for the spring Indiana Hoosiers football game. The staff were helpful and the rooms are great for the price. The lights were a little odd. Overall the hotel was very clean but the parking was a problem. We had to park on the street one night because the lot was full. They did however deduct the one night of parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! The weekend of the Spring Game was certainly an exciting time in Bloomington so I'm glad you were able to partake in the festivities. I'm also thrilled that you enjoyed our suites and staff- I have to admit that I am also a fan. We are the only hotel in Bloomington with a private, secure garage and I apologize that all levels were full! Please let us know immediately if this ever occurs. Though we are happy to help with meters, we would also be delighted to move staff vehicles or provide parking passes for nearby parking. There is always a solution! :) Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate your feedback.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Bloomington

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked 7 rooms at the Springhill suites when our son made it to the State Outdoor track finals. This place is new and very nice. My husband and I travel a lot and the rooms reminded us of room in Europe. Modern, efficient, very nice!! The hotel staff was very friendly and very customer service oriented as they worked through my 7 reservations.
The location is fantastic and close to IU. This will be the hotel we will stay in when visiting our son next year as a freshman.
The free breakfast and internet were great. The breakfast had hot and cold items and also great coffee. There is a small area to purchase soda and some snacks and small incidentals. My son forgot his tooth brush and the front desk gladly provided him with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Overall, for the price, I felt this was a fantastic deal! We will be back!!

Room Tip: Many great restaurants within walking distance. Rooms have a mini fridge. Bring some drinks and sn...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gretelz

Wow - 7 suites reserved is certainly enough to gain an impression of our hotel. I'm glad that your experience was everything you dreamed it would be! Though I also enjoy our breakfast, market, location, and suites, I'm so glad that our staff made an impact on your stay. They are truly the key to our success. Please let me know if you ever return to Bloomington- I would be happy to book your reservations myself!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We decided to have a short Bloomington getaway and stayed here on a Friday night. Check in was easy and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Perfect location for walking around downtown and checking out all the bars and restaurants. Very close to the wonderful farmer's market, too. Loved going there on Saturday morning. The rooms were all new and nice, the bed very comfortable. The only complaint we had was that the layout of the room has the bed right next to the air conditioner vent. Either I had freezing air blowing on me or I was hot. My sister-in-law complained of the same problem in her room. Otherwise, it is a great hotel and I'd definitely stay again--maybe just trade sides of the bed with my husband!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed our location, beds, suites, and most of all, our helpful staff. I also love going to the Bloomington Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings and we certainly have a perfect location for it. Some of our suites even have a lovely view that morning! Again, thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel opened in March and still feels brand new. Rooms were unique - very small footprint, but still seemed like a lot of space and everything one could need.
Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. I left my cell phone charger at home but the hotel staff let me borrow one. Parking is convenient, right under the hotel and costs $7 a night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. As the newest addition to the Bloomington hotel scene, we are proud to offer a beautiful hotel with complimentary breakfast. Most importantly, however, I am pleased to read that you found our staff to be helpful as I believe genuine care is the key to our sucess. Please let us host you on your next visit to Bloomington!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights recently for our son's wedding. The staff was FANTASTIC. Everyone went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect. Sherry handled most of our reservations for the wedding group and she was extremely helpful and professional. The lobby is beautiful, the breakfasts were awesome and the rooms were very spacious and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is great for exploring the city. It is walking distance from many restaurants and connected to a beautiful walking trail.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for such a sweet review. I am so glad to hear our staff service was- all caps- FANTASTIC! I am thrilled but not surpised to read that you were pleased with our sales coordinator, Cherie Fox. She is an absolute gem and we are proud to have her on our team. Additionally, I'm happy that you enjoyed our breakfast, suites, and location. I only hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to Bloomington!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel is brand new. The lobby is decorated in tastefully selected modern furnishings. The staff were exceptionally nice and were willing to help with any issues or questions. Room was great, always nice having a separate area to relax or work. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very nice. Maid service was less than perfect..one day they forgot my room, never replenished the toilet paper. Lobby bar was not well stocked. Not sure what they were thinking with the "pool" which is smaller than most hotel jacuzzi's and has a wall of windows facing out to everyone who walks by. Easy walk to the campus and Franklin Street. Complimentary breakfast and internet. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you enjoy our lobby as our owners decided to make it completely custom- we absolutely love it! I'm also glad you enjoyed your suite, our complimentary hot breakfast, comfortable bed, and convenient location. I apologize for any frustrations you may have faced during your stay however, and take your feed back very seriously. We would be thrilled to welcome you back to Bloomington in the future! Thank you, and have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

What a great new place! Stayed here for graduation and couldn't be happier. The staff is outstanding -- super friendly and welcoming. They seem proud to be a part of the experience. The place is immaculate and new, decorated in fresh, modern furnishings and crisp white, aqua and green. Our room was a delight. Spacious with a huge closet and plenty of nooks for placing your toiletries out of the way, tucking your shoes and bags away. Loved the separation between sleeping and living space -- there's even a sliding door so you can open it up if you want. The couch and desk make you feel like home. Loved the sliding, frosted "pocket" door to the lavatory. It was private, but also felt very spa-like with the full, frameless glass shower and generous vanity. Beds were fresh and super comfortable with crisp, white bedding. No guessing as to whether the comforter/bedspread was washed between visits. Abundant parking! Super speedy, free internet. This place puts you right downtown, within walking distance of shopping, dining, the Farmer's Market! Perfect experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Wow- thank you so much for your glowing review! You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned that our staff is genuinely proud to a part of the experience. We have an incredibly committed team that is constantly striving to exceed expectations, and I am thrilled to hear that it made an impact on your stay. Location, suite, parking, internet, staff service- it sounds like you covered it all! I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Bloomington soon. Please let me know if you have plans to return- I would be happy to book your stay myself!